• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are printed versions of the London Connections map still available?

su31

The reason for my question is that pre-Covid, the extremely useful London Connections map changed size to a smaller version, now called "Rail Network Maps for London's Rail & Tube showing the Oyster area and fare zones / London & the South East showing the Network Railcard area" (what a mouthful!) - which I recall having a green cover. That was back in December 2019.
New versions would appear when the timetables changed - usually in May, and the colour matched the border colour of the London & South East maps on station platforms. The pocket version is very handy to keep in a rucksack or the equivalent thereof.

I know there are downloadable / printable versions available, but the map had been issued since the 70's I believe, so would be a shame to lose the trusty printed version.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Pretty sure the last printed version is indeed Dec 19. It's still on the racks at Cambridge station.

Presume it's been consigned to the general bonfire of printed material over Covid.

Alan Glaum

The 2019 version has been available at Oxford as well

There has not been much need of an update since; the new Northern Line stations and possible Elizabeth Line changes might prompt a Dec2021 version

trainJam

There were some purple ones (2019) at Birmingham Moor Street last year. Not sure if there are any left. I suppose once they are gone, that's it.

Shame, they are handy and more useful than the tube map as they show national rail and tube - useful when roaming on a travelcard.

Dougal2345

My 2019 edition is starting to fall apart - and the Elizabeth Line that I've hand-drawn onto it, isn't as clear as it might be...

Basil Jet

On Moderation
Is there any update on this, does anyone know?
I haven't looked recently, but the London A-Z used to contain the tube + rail map (the tube-centric version) spread over two pages, and and so might be the cheapest (not cheap) way to get the post-Elizabeth map in your hands.