• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Taking the P***

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve158

yesterday i went to catch the 1055 Cardiff - Fishguard Harbour.

it was a 143!!! Endurance test that was.

Surely there was something better in Canton Depot at the time???

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprog

Established Member
Nodding Donkey, Nodding Donkey..............:snorting: :snorting: :lol: :lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Ah, the joys of doing 37419 on that service back in December...Must have been the only one on this forum who did them! You lot missed out on the return run, which was quite enjoyable, compared to the 42 (or was it 47?) down arrival at Fishguard. Left 35 down, arrived 11 down at Cardiff.

Back on topic, a 143 on the 1055 is not common, I must say. It's been run by 158831 a lot in recent weeks, and is usually a 158. Stock availability must have been very low, especially with the 175s, for a 143 to be found on it!

And for the chap who asked, it is 2.25 hours usually. Why it has to go via the Swansea District Line, instead of taking the faster route via the Swansea avoider line running round the back of LE I don't know. Could chop off at least 15 minutes going that way, but hey, must be some reason.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Oh right. Would make sense if it were EWS drivers with the 37s, but these are ATF drivers, so I still don't see why the other, quicker route isn't used. I'll still have to do the Fishguard service sometime, see what it's like doing a unit on the Swansea District Line, only ever had 37419 and 425 on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.