• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Yorkshire tap on tap off and incomplete journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeg

Established Member
I've been using the 'tap on tap off' system on Arriva Yorkshire for my commute from Selby to York. For the most part it's worked very well indeed, however last night the driver turned off the ticket machine as we approached Selby bus station (mine and the bus' final destination - it was the last service for this bus of the day and the penultimate journey back to Selby). As a result I have an incomplete journey. Trying to rectify this in the Littlepay portal it won't let me as it's charged me correctly by taking me up to the weekly cap. However I'm concerned about getting my card blocked or it being flagged as suspicious by the prosecutions team. Is there any way I can submit a completion request without requesting to pay less? As I've been charged the correct amount it'll only let me dispute it if I'm disputing the amount charged.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richard13

I don't think there is anything to worry about.

All tap on / tap off rules expect passengers to forget to tap off and have information on how to get a fare reduction if the forgetfulness leads to a higher charge. On flat fare routes and at the end of route, the tap off is not actually required for fare purposes and in various circumstances is rarely done. It is not suspicious and as it doesn't lose the company money, they don't care. Tapping off at Selby looks nice, but doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.