• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ashes to Ashes, 20/03/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbostar

Funny, didn't think they had Networkers or Electrostars in 1981 lol. ;) The scene where Chris is shoving his hand down a chemical bog to retrieve a dumped gun, a horn blares, & you see a train go across a viaduct in the background, definately either a Networker or an Electrostar. And before you ask, no, I'm pretty sure it wasn't either a 508/507, or a 455.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Something Sliding Doors, I thought it was a 377 at first glance...

Turbostar

Even though it was night, I'm pretty sure it was a Southern 377, just managed to get a flash of green & white as it went by.

P156KWJ

Established Member
definately a 465. could tell by the door window shape. I thought the same thing - needed to be a 4CIG or something really

Coxster

Established Member
AshesToAshesPassingTrain1.jpg

AshesToAshesPassingTrain2.jpg

AshesToAshesPassingTrain3.jpg

O L Leigh

Established Member
It's a TV programme for goodness sake...!!

Are you seriously expecting the Beeb (and anyone else for that matter) to dig out a CIG or EPB just to rattle across a distant viaduct in the dark just to satisfy a small number of Neds? You lot are as bad as the car nuts complaining about the Austin Aggro panda car and the Cortina cut-and-shut in Life on Mars.

O L Leigh

Turbostar

Jeez, sorry for living!!! :roll: Can't even have a normal conversation on here now, without some berk kicking off!!! :roll:

Guinness

Established Member

Are you seriously expecting the Beeb (and anyone else for that matter) to dig out a CIG or EPB just to rattle across a distant viaduct in the dark just to satisfy a small number of Neds? You lot are as bad as the car nuts complaining about the Austin Aggro panda car and the Cortina cut-and-shut in Life on Mars.

O L Leigh

I don't think it was intended as a complaint as any such about Era settings and so forth, more of a general discussion on what Unit went past in the background.

Coxster

Established Member
I don't think it was intended as a complaint as any such about Era settings and so forth, more of a general discussion on what Unit went past in the background.
For once something we agree on :lol: I read it as:-

Mart merely jokingly commenting (hence the ';)') on the age/era depicted between train and show, what with this being a rail forum.

Chaz then confirming that the train had sliding doors and what he thought it was, but not commenting on whether or not this upset him.

Mart replying to confirm that his hunch was with a Class 377 - but again not expressing any upset or making a criticism.

LeSeandre then asking if anyone had a clip, with Mart pointing out that the discussion may not be going on if so.

156401 then commenting, saying what it 'definately' was. However, he did go on to say that it 'should' have been a Class 421.

Mart then thinking about Southern traction in the past - a time he seemed to have fond memories of.

Coxster then supplying images of the scene in question, but making no comment in his reply.

Class 313 then confirming 156401's view that it was a Networker, but again not critisising or commenting on the rights/wrongs of it.

O L Leigh then complaining about people allegedly complaining.

Mart then replying in response to this, after seemingly being upset by O L Leigh's comments.

Class 313 being his usual self.

Chaz airing his views on what O L Leigh had to say.

Coxster then agreeing with Chaz (something that nobody ever saw coming), and also hoping that O L Leigh would not get him [Coxster] back for it next time he used the StanEx or visits the GN lines into Liverpool Street.

P156KWJ

Established Member

O L Leigh

So? Waterloo Road used the actual Rochdale station and used proper Northern rail 142s, that was Biased Broacasting Corporation :???: I've noticed NWT blue/gold, Arriva TN and Northern purple/blue/white livery ones! And the interior was FNW. Bit bad though, cos when the train leaves it was clearly a 155 :mad:

RANT OVER!!!

Coxster

Established Member
So? Waterloo Road used the actual Rochdale station and used proper Northern rail 142s, that was Biased Broacasting Corporation :???: I've noticed NWT blue/gold, Arriva TN and Northern purple/blue/white livery ones! And the interior was FNW. Bit bad though, cos when the train leaves it was clearly a 155 :mad:

RANT OVER!!!
It's a train in a television programme. How many people do you think watching will really care (or even notice)?

Is it possible to complement him ?
If it is then I've certainly not worked out how yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.