• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Assessments for trainee positions stopped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLK97

Hi all,
I passed the first round of tests for a trainee position in early March 2020. In my email confirming my results, I was also told recruitment was on hold due to the first lockdown, and I would be contacted when they restarted. Totally understandable. I sent a follow up email at the start of autumn to enquire if they have any updates, but no response.
Are there people here who have continued with their assessment/training process in the last 6 months? Would you advise following up again?
Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mstrwvr

Can I ask which TOC you applied for? I applied for TFW and can confirm assessments have continued, albeit stopping and starting as lockdowns have been introduced and then relaxed.

RPOMan

I applied for a TOC in late September, I had my assessments/MMI in late October. I have been told that DMI dates wont be for a few months. I will be regularly asking for an update myself!

DA1

Sounds like SWR to me. I haven’t heard anything since early this year after getting an offer so moved on to another TOC, had an interview and since been offered a start date.

Skoodle

There's a large backlog of trainees at ARL at moment. Not enough DIs due to them forming "training bubbles" with their trainee. This is on a voluntary basis though.

Status
Not open for further replies.