• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

At-Street Interchanges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What do the "fixed link times" represent? Five minutes to walk from GLQ to GLC is optimistic, to put it mildly...
You add the interchange times of both locations plus the fixed link time.

The end result is actually very generous. But a good booking site will allow more interchange time, if the customer requests it;)

Par

Which would be the closest pair, say from one entrance to another (rather than accessing the platforms)? I’m assuming Kings X to St Pancras, but the two Wigans are very close too, certainly <1 minute walk. Manchester Piccadilly to Victoria on the other hand is quite a trek.
Is there a pair closer than those two London termini?

Gaelan

Which would be the closest pair, say from one entrance to another (rather than accessing the platforms)? I’m assuming Kings X to St Pancras, but the two Wigans are very close too, certainly <1 minute walk. Manchester Piccadilly to Victoria on the other hand is quite a trek.
Is there a pair closer than those two London termini?
Haven’t been there to see for myself, but Waterloo and Waterloo East must be a contender.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Haven’t been there to see for myself, but Waterloo and Waterloo East must be a contender.
The main entrance gateline to Waterloo East is off the balcony in Waterloo Main, it’s a flight of stairs or escalator distance away from the main concourse level. However once through that gateline it’s about 200m to the platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.