• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATOS Anne Announcements - Publicly Available?

Nicholas B

Does anyone have Anne’s files where she says ‘This train will terminate at’ and ‘for stations beyond’ ? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Richard5608

Does anybody have the the files for Phil sayer Ann and ceila I can't find them anywhere please

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've only recently become aware of this thread and would like to point out to all members that the Forum Rules clearly state that:
Legal
  • Your contributions must be consistent with relevant conditions, laws, regulations and byelaws.

The recording of ATOS Anne are subject to copyright and so sharing them would potentially infringe on ATOS (or Wordline, I lose track of who owns which conglomerate these days) copyright. Therefore I must ask that members do not make requests to share or actually share files either on the Forum, via the Forum or link to sites which have unauthorised copies of those recordings.

MrJeeves

Established Member
Does anybody have the the files for Phil sayer Ann and ceila I can't find them anywhere please
Phil and Celia are quite public since an FOI to Irish Rail by @stadler

cjmillsnun

Established Member
I miss the old Robert Lister NSE announcements. His voice was very clear.

stadler

I miss the old Robert Lister NSE announcements. His voice was very clear.
Yes i agree. Robert Lister was brilliant. I always really liked the BR era announcements. Considering the technology at the time the announcements still sounded very good. They were recorded well.

I liked a lot of the other announcers too. Angela Peberdy was great too. She had a very well spoken RP voice. John Elgar was another great one. He was at quite a few stations including London Victoria up until the early 2000s.

Some examples here of the seven main announcers used in the NSE area in the 80s and 90s:

Infomat - Angela Peberdy:

Infomat - Gordon Reid:

Infomat - Julie Berry:

Infomat - Liz Crowther:

Infomat - Robert Lister:

Ditra - Unknown Female:

https://youtu.be/7z7Xldm6yhk

Ditra - John Elgar:

https://youtu.be/oUzV4riyMJ4

I feel like we have gone downhill with some of the Worldline automated announcements of today which just do not seem as high quality.

Train3772

Here is another new download link for the Atos Anne sound files including the .mp3 and .wav files versions:

* link removed *

Media Fire links get taken down and stop working too quickly so this Easy Upload ones seems to last a little bit longer.
Hiya! Would I be able to have them aswell?
Many Thanks