• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Attercliffe Road Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheekyBandit

Has this station reopened? Just passed the entrance and it appears to be unlocked thus allowing very easy access to a mainline.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Nope, but, along with nearby Brightside, if the platforms are anything to go by it wouldn't surprise me! TBH they are in better shape then some currently open ones! It could well have been broken and no-one has either a) ever found it or b) bothered to fix it.

It's probably used as an access/egress route for P-way teams seeing as that section is elevated and quite difficult to get to without walking from Sheffield or Brightside. Attercliffe Road station will never re-open.

CheekyBandit

It's probably used as an access/egress route for P-way teams seeing as that section is elevated and quite difficult to get to without walking from Sheffield or Brightside. Attercliffe Road station will never re-open.

During the past few Sundays I have often passed this point and found the gates to be unlocked, though this the first occasion I had my mobile with me. If I wanted to it seems I could very easily gain access without being challenged. On all occasions there seemed to be no P-way teams about from what I could see. Tried reporting this to the BTP before but the nearest payphone seemed to be out of order.

Last edited:

Established Member
Was near Attercliffe Road yesterday and noticed a deer stuck in a fence. Unfortunate thing must have tired to jump and got stuck on the top. Quite an unexpected sight.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
No chance of it being opened, although i usualy stop next to it while being signal checked for platform 3/4!

It doesn't really serve anywhere and would be a pain in the arse for capcity on an already stretched section of line at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.