• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti and TPE Liverpool Lime Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreightMan1

Just noticed Avanti are advertising for Qualified Drivers at Lime Street.
Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on both Avanti and TPE at Lime Street, including t&c’s, shift patterns, routes signed, holiday allowance and anything else in general.
Also the pro’s and Con’s of each company.
Thanks

After posting this thread TPE are now also advertising for Qualified Drivers at Lime Street.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
I’m not 100% sure but I’ve heard it’s flat rate plus a £125 booking on fee. Maybe someone with better knowledge can correct me

I thought we were good for getting a £57 booking on/availability bonus.

Lenny_1986

Anyone with anymore information on the original post as I would like to know more about these 2 companies at Lime Street. Thanks

ILoveLamp

Im just sat with a colleague who has applied to TPE as a qualified driver. Does anyone know what TPE send as online test? He has received one to do but it doesn't say what it is. I didn't think they'd send tests out to qualified's but obviously they do..

Lenny_1986

Im just sat with a colleague who has applied to TPE as a qualified driver. Does anyone know what TPE send as online test? He has received one to do but it doesn't say what it is. I didn't think they'd send tests out to qualified's but obviously they do..
They just give you a scenario with 4 answers and ask you to put them in order of what you think is the most important to the least important. 20 scenarios in total I think.
I don’t actually think it’s a pass/fail test

Class2ldn

They used to make qualifieds do a couple of the psychometric tests aswell, dont know if that's changed or not

tiptoptaff

Established Member
They just give you a scenario with 4 answers and ask you to put them in order of what you think is the most important to the least important. 20 scenarios in total I think.
I don’t actually think it’s a pass/fail test
It is, they reject based on answers

ILoveLamp

Morning. Does anyone have information regarding TPE Preston Depot (qualified role), such as current Rosters, holiday entitlement, overtime rate, any other helpful info..

Is the salary still £58k? Seems like this has been this rate for a few years now if so.

Thanks in advance

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Morning. Does anyone have information regarding TPE Preston Depot (qualified role), such as current Rosters, holiday entitlement, overtime rate, any other helpful info..

Is the salary still £58k? Seems like this has been this rate for a few years now if so.

Thanks in advance
Has the long running industrial action passed you by?

driver9000

Established Member

Thanks in advance

Preston currently has 45 lines in a single link with the earliest book on 04:50 and latest off is 01:30. The link runs in a 7 week rolling pattern giving a 6 day RD block on the 7th week with a maximum turn length of 10hrs. You'll get the same 28 days leave across the company broken up into rostered blocks of 1 week Spring, 3 weeks Summer and 1 week Winter plus 8 floating days. RDW is on an opt in basis (you have to tell rosters that you want adding to the RD pool) and payment is 10hrs/1.75hrs pay. It's a productive depot with some higher mileage turns coming close to 500 miles on the those that go to Manchester and Scotland in the same day.

Traction is 397 and 802. Routes are;

Manchester Airport to Preston via Chorley.
Preston to Liverpool Lime Street via St Helens Central.
Preston Croft Street sidings.
Preston to Glasgow Central.
Carstairs to Edinburgh Waverley.

ILoveLamp

Preston currently has 45 lines in a single link with the earliest book on 04:50 and latest off is 01:30. The link runs in a 7 week rolling pattern giving a 6 day RD block on the 7th week with a maximum turn length of 10hrs. You'll get the same 28 days leave across the company broken up into rostered blocks of 1 week Spring, 3 weeks Summer and 1 week Winter plus 8 floating days. RDW is on an opt in basis (you have to tell rosters that you want adding to the RD pool) and payment is 10hrs/1.75hrs pay. It's a productive depot with some higher mileage turns coming close to 500 miles on the those that go to Manchester and Scotland in the same day.

Traction is 397 and 802. Routes are;

Manchester Airport to Preston via Chorley.
Preston to Liverpool Lime Street via St Helens Central.
Preston Croft Street sidings.
Preston to Glasgow Central.
Carstairs to Edinburgh Waverley.
Excellent information, many thanks. Do you have a photo of the roster that you could pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.