• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti detour - via Earlstown, Manchester and Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyB28

So was that the 9P77 to Blackpool North that I saw going over Sackville Street at about 5.05pm tonight? Not much fun for the passengers but at least a bit of variety for us pedestrians!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter0124

Established Member
Im about to see it through Cambuslang cause Im in the immediate area :P

Also 9S70 is even worse, 108L currently.

EDIT:
Passed through 90L, its return working will be really late then :/

And I was sitting at the seats on the opposite side incase you seen me, came through fairly slow :lol:

Last edited:

Rhinojerry

I’d imagine so. I’ll get to you! We’re just entering Manchester now..
Yes,i was at Preston this afternoon,wondered why the Edin to Euston loaded then unloaded.
Also Euston to Glasgow did the same,people unsure about what happened,both services then went back the way they had areived.

norbitonflyer

Established Member
And at the expense of seeming selfish, I’d rather we didn’t reverse again before Glasgow - I’ve a meal booked at 8 in Argyl and Bute!
Although Argyll and Bute are run by one local council, surely your meal is in one or the other - or are you taking a ferry between courses!

InOban

Established Member
Cardross used to be in West Dunbartonshire. Along with Helensburgh it was hived off to separate it from Labour -controlled Dumbarton and Clydebank.

Some guy

I think the top link at Manchester still sign it.
Yeah that would make sense I don’t think for the Lancaster ecs that’s a Preston driver taxied to longsight as Manchester aren’t allowed anywhere past Preston station

Efini92

Established Member
Yeah that would make sense I don’t think for the Lancaster ecs that’s a Preston driver taxied to longsight as Manchester aren’t allowed anywhere past Preston station
I recall recently, might have been late last year there was a near miss with a track worker near Eccles. I’m sure that was a Piccadilly driver.

Travelled back from Liverpool to Blackpool yesterday evening. All trains cancelled from LIV to Blackpool.
Managed to get back on the 20.17 from Central via Ormskirk.
Approaching Preston, several empty Avanti trains parked on main line. More parked in platforms.
Saw an Avanti train in RES platform appeared to have pan missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.