• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Driver - Wolverhampton (17/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dan61

Just had an email to say I've been invited to the testing at Crewe. Which is good news however I have already passed all the tests listed in the email to enhanced pass mark with another TOC. I have emailed teh OPc back stating this because I don't want a wasted trip up to crewe

NorthernTech

Just had an email to say I've been invited to the testing at Crewe. Which is good news however I have already passed all the tests listed in the email to enhanced pass mark with another TOC. I have emailed teh OPc back stating this because I don't want a wasted trip up to crewe
Your ‘enhanced‘ pass mark may not meet the standard of their ‘enhanced’ level, so you may have to redo some tests. Of course, the OPC will check those marks you already have against those required, and if you have met them you may be sorted! From what I’ve read, the enhanced pass marks differ across companies.

The Don

I'm in the same position but Avanti are asking for there own enhanced standard, that's what they told me. Which begs the question of you don't get there standard, i that part of the 2 strikes and you're out

AgentGemini

Do the "two lives" apply for the computer based do-at-home tests we sat or just the ones where you go to a centre for the day/two days?

Congratulations to everyone who has got through to on-site testing too! :)

AgentGemini

Just the centre
Thanks Don. At least if I've mesed this up I'm intact for the future. I'm nervous because M7 I did fine and was able to double check reconsider my answers, but the VSE test I did super well on the two single tasks but on the combined I hit about 88% of the offered sets correctly. So could be I dont go further. :(

wolvesayewe

Thanks Don. At least if I've mesed this up I'm intact for the future. I'm nervous because M7 I did fine and was able to double check reconsider my answers, but the VSE test I did super well on the two single tasks but on the combined I hit about 88% of the offered sets correctly. So could be I dont go further. :(
Hi, how do you know you got about 88%?

AgentGemini

Hi, how do you know you got about 88%?
Work out how many steps/changes/flashes/whatever you want to call each move tha there are.
Then work out how many you messed up.

I've heard nothing yet as I only did my computer tests yesterday but I am nervous knowing on the third VSE (the mixed) I 'lost my grip' a couple times.

wolvesayewe

Work out how many steps/changes/flashes/whatever you want to call each move tha there are.
Then work out how many you messed up.

I've heard nothing yet as I only did my computer tests yesterday but I am nervous knowing on the third VSE (the mixed) I 'lost my grip' a couple times.
I found the 3rd test challenging, I got 3 or 4 incorrect but I have no idea how many 'changes' there were

Dan61

Just had another email stating my results are valid for Avanti and I will be contacted in the near future for a CBI interview so I presume my MmI interview pass mark isn't vaild

The Don

I just need to do the Group Bourdon which I thought would have been good enough standard already.

Just had another email stating my results are valid for Avanti and I will be contacted in the near future for a CBI interview so I presume my MmI interview pass mark isn't vaild
What's the difference between MMI and CBI?

Dan61

I know I got enhanced pass mark on the MMI and questions and format appears the same.with not much obvious difference so unsure why Avanti do CBI

NorthernTech

I know I got enhanced pass mark on the MMI and questions and format appears the same.with not much obvious difference so unsure why Avanti do CBI
One enhanced mark isn’t the same as another’s..Avanti likely higher still.

SD1

Is the cbi similar to mmi? Does anyone know how it's different? Thankyou

Bluenosemase

Is the cbi similar to mmi? Does anyone know how it's different? Thankyou

I have passed the CBI and apparently it’s very similar to the MMI. I’ve heard that the CBI is harder however I haven’t done the MMI so I can’t say for sure whether that is the case.

A couple of pointers for people in case you don’t already know, you cannot hold a pass in both the MMI and the CBI. So if you take the CBI and pass that will over right your MMI result meaning you would have to do this again if you were to apply for a different TOC.

Also the online VSE and MG7 count as a life if you fail with any TOC that uses this particular test. So for example if you failed this test twice you wouldn’t be allowed to apply for Avanti again.

The Don

I have passed the CBI and apparently it’s very similar to the MMI. I’ve heard that the CBI is harder however I haven’t done the MMI so I can’t say for sure whether that is the case.

A couple of pointers for people in case you don’t already know, you cannot hold a pass in both the MMI and the CBI. So if you take the CBI and pass that will over right your MMI result meaning you would have to do this again if you were to apply for a different TOC.

Also the online VSE and MG7 count as a life if you fail with any TOC that uses this particular test. So for example if you failed this test twice you wouldn’t be allowed to apply for Avanti again.
Can I ask why it's harder? I.e. are the questions different? As I hope a pass for the MMI atm

wolvesayewe

Hi everyone, I've received an invite to the assessment centre today, I have a couple of questions if anyone can help?

Firstly it states to dress 'professionally', does this mean trousers and shirt or would a long sleeve polo, jeans and boots suffice?

Secondly, does anyone have any links to websites that could help in preparation?

Thanks for any info and good luck to everyone

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Hi everyone, I've received an invite to the assessment centre today, I have a couple of questions if anyone can help?

Firstly it states to dress 'professionally', does this mean trousers and shirt or would a long sleeve polo, jeans and boots suffice?

Secondly, does anyone have any links to websites that could help in preparation?

Thanks for any info and good luck to everyone
Definitely suit up!

Bluenosemase

Can I ask why it's harder? I.e. are the questions different? As I hope a pass for the MMI atm

The questions are very similar however I think the CBI has a higher pass mark although this is very much down to the company as well. If you can pass the MMI I don’t think that you would have much of a problem passing this one as you clearly understand the structure of the interview and how to answer the questions correctly.

The Don

The questions are very similar however I think the CBI has a higher pass mark although this is very much down to the company as well. If you can pass the MMI I don’t think that you would have much of a problem passing this one as you clearly understand the structure of the interview and how to answer the questions correctly.
Are they wanting more details or what? Trying to think how it's a higher standard.

Question also, I have a passed MMI but if I take the CBI interview and fail it, do I still have the MMI to fall back on for the TOCs that require this?

Dan61

If you pass the CBI this overrides you MMI. So if you go for another trainee post with a different TOC who wants a MMI pass mark you would then need to resit the MMi

The Don

If
If you pass the CBI this overrides you MMI. So if you go for another trainee post with a different TOC who wants a MMI pass mark you would then need to resit the MMi
If I fail the CBI, can I still use the MMI for the other TOC's

Dan61

No if you fail the CBI it counts as one of your lives and still overrides your pass mark for the MMI interview. Regardless of the result of the CBI if you take the chance and opt in it will automatically override you MMI result

Status
Not open for further replies.