• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Cancellations

D1537

06:33 got canned a few days ago but I only found out at the bottom of an e-mail I could easily have deleted full of marketing fluff.
Also received another e-mail full of nonsense like playlists for my journey and how to make it more special etc. again with our train crossed-out and cancelled only when scrolling right down the bottom.
Why do Avanti do this? It's almost telling people how terrible they are. Last time LNER canned one of my trains I got a text and an email which was really clear (well, actually I got four emails, but four clear emails are better than one unclear one). This really isn't rocket science.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ashfordian6

i agree that it isn't, but one of the main points was drivers etc had not had a rise in 4yrs, so if the cost of living was causing them problems, surely doing a extra shift at £600 would go along way to ease that...

It's not just doing a single extra shift though. It is because of management incompetence around resourcing it's likely to be at least one additional shift every week. And at some point, probably quite quickly, the value of spending time with family and friends becomes more important than what will be less than £300 after tax.

And this takes into no account of how low morale is because of the company stalling on any pay increases for 5 years and counting.

I know my goodwill to help out would be in short supply with any role under when the above situation applies.

Last edited:

Tractor2018

Easy to be blase about £600 for a shift when you're already on £60k + per year I guess..................I know families surviving on far less than £600 in a week, never mind for one shift!

I guess. But then they're probably not train drivers.......who I think the comment regarded. Train drivers don't get the same as CEO's - you can see the irrelevance.

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
It's not just doing a single extra shift though. It is because of management incompetence around resourcing it's likely to be at least one additional shift every week. And at some point, probably quite quickly, the value of spending time with family and friends becomes more important than what will be less than £300 after tax.

And this takes into no account of how low morale is because of the company stalling on any pay increases for 5 years and counting.

I know my goodwill to help out would be in short supply with any role under when the above situation applies.
Thats DafT who are frustrating pay negotiations. I'm sure Avanti along with all the other operators would prefer to be able to sit down with teh reps and thrash things out.