• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast seat selector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Williams

Established Member
Thanks Adam, that would be great. The error comes up when I'm trying to confirm the new seats I've chosen, and it says:

Something went wrong
Sorry, we couldn't confirm that change.

If you see this page repeatedly, please contact us.

Technical details:

Received HTTP UnprocessableEntity

I've got it over several days on multiple devices.
Mmm, this is usually a sign the upstream reservation (against NRS/RARS2) failed, despite the seat appearing to be available.

Do you have a route/service that you normally try this on and find it doesn't work?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sid23

Mmm, this is usually a sign the upstream reservation (against NRS/RARS2) failed, despite the seat appearing to be available.

Do you have a route/service that you normally try this on and find it doesn't work?
I've been trying for Euston to Stockport, 14:20 on 7 December.

Welcome to the forums.
It's been discussed earlier in this thread.
Basically you have to re-register on the Avanti website and it will take you to the new booking page.
Edit: I was on the new site but didn't see the seat picker initially, as it's right at the last stage of booking. I've found it now!

Last edited:

trainophile

Established Member

I'm getting the same problem on Trainsplit today.

Edit: Very strange, tried several seats on outbound Wigan NW to Carlisle, got failed message. On return journey seat booked first time. Was looking at Coach D outbound, wondered why 27 out of 27 seats were available.

Last edited:

Welshman

Established Member

Can you help?
For your information, my earlier posting [#204] on this subject related to difficulties on the Super Voyagers used on the North Wales Coast services, when trying to change into coach D.

Welshman

Established Member
Not if you've only experienced it using Avanti's own seat selector, no, I'm afraid.

I'll drop you a DM if that's okay, avoid cluttering this thread up too much with non-Avanti stuff.
I started getting the problem on Trainscanbecheaper.

[As I then also experienced it on the Avanti site, I assumed that was the source of the fault].

I've now checked again on Trainscanbecheaper, and its still not letting me change to coach D.

trainophile

Established Member
On the new Avanti website is there no option to input "go via" or "avoid" etc? I can't seem to find how to specify a route.

If this is no longer available I won't be using their website in future.

Trackman

Established Member
On the new Avanti website is there no option to input "go via" or "avoid" etc? I can't seem to find how to specify a route.

If this is no longer available I won't be using their website in future.
There is, select journey as normal then click 'edit' on the top right and it gives you the via/avoid options.

Attachments

• ticket.jpg
    ticket.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 20

_toommm_

Established Member
One thing in Avanti's favour - the new app attached to this booking system does bike reservations. Is it the only app that does?

TPE definitely do bike reservations, and have done for a long time. I believe (in the past year or so) they’ve let you book them up to 10 mins before departure on the website too.

Welshman

Established Member
Still not able to change my allocated seat on North Wales-Euston Voyagers to one in coach D.

trainophile

Established Member
Still not able to change my allocated seat on North Wales-Euston Voyagers to one in coach D.

I was told by Avanti Twitter that they weren't doing allocated seating on Voyagers 'at the moment". However that was in October, so I have no idea how long "the moment" lasts. Can you reserve in another coach okay?

Welshman

Established Member
I was told by Avanti Twitter that they weren't doing allocated seating on Voyagers 'at the moment". However that was in October, so I have no idea how long "the moment" lasts. Can you reserve in another coach okay?
It keeps giving me Coach B and won't let me change in to Coaches A, C Or D.
Keeps saying "not available, and original seat cancelled"
Still not over-impressed.

trainophile

Established Member
Always seems to default to B55 whenever I book, but I have managed to change to coach A most times since the initial problem with that one was fixed.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
It keeps giving me Coach B and won't let me change in to Coaches A, C Or D.
Keeps saying "not available, and original seat cancelled"
Still not over-impressed.

Doesn't that usually happen, due to limitations of NRS, when you have the last ticket in a given quota (Advance price level), because the way it works is that you have to grab a new reservation at that quota level before putting back the other one, otherwise you risk being left with none?

If it is that it applies to all the booking systems offering seat selection (Trainsplit included) because they all have to do it the same way.

Welshman

Established Member
Even when the ticket I've been trying to book is an a anytime ordinary return?

Vespa

Established Member
Any updates on if they have sorted it out ?

With the prospect of restrictions being lifted, I'm looking to travel again.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Any updates on if they have sorted it out ?

With the prospect of restrictions being lifted, I'm looking to travel again.

I booked with Avanti the other day and could choose/change my seat.

Leisurefirst

Trying to book a ticket this evening.
Only doing so on Avanti's site because of the seat selector.
Doesn't come up, (just preferences).
Is still advertised as a feature on the site.
Is it temporarily out of use?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Trying to book a ticket this evening.
Only doing so on Avanti's site because of the seat selector.
Doesn't come up, (just preferences).
Is still advertised as a feature on the site.
Is it temporarily out of use?
Have you tried Trainsplit? If that works, it's the Avanti site.

If not, then it's the more general issue reported last week affecting various operators:

Leisurefirst

Have you tried Trainsplit? If that works, it's the Avanti site.

If not, then it's the more general issue reported last week affecting various operators:

Ah, yes I was going to use Trainsplit but the (Advance) ticket is to attend an event which of course is prone like all others to cancellation and I was put off by not being able to obtain a voucher if I had to cancel (only another booking to the same value or more IIRC).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Ah, yes I was going to use Trainsplit but the (Advance) ticket is to attend an event which of course is prone like all others to cancellation and I was put off by not being able to obtain a voucher if I had to cancel (only another booking to the same value or more IIRC).
Isn't that effectively the same thing?

Leisurefirst

Isn't that effectively the same thing?
I see your point but if I buy a ticket for £100 and get an e-voucher refund I can use that in part several times for smaller journeys but the Trainsplit refund policy as I understand it states you must book another journey to the same value or else lose the difference. Happy to be corrected.

Edit - went ahead and booked with Trainsplit anyway, I do like them!

Last edited:

mmh

Established Member
Looking to book tickets on Avanti and want to be able to select seats, as it's for a group who need to be seated together. When / where is the Trainsplit selector available? It's allocated me 4 consecutively numbered seats, however I'd like to change them to be around a table if I can. Thanks for your help folks.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Looking to book tickets on Avanti and want to be able to select seats, as it's for a group who need to be seated together. When / where is the Trainsplit selector available? It's allocated me 4 consecutively numbered seats, however I'd like to change them to be around a table if I can. Thanks for your help folks.

On Trainsplit it's the last stage before payment, you are shown your seats and can click to change them.

mmh

Established Member
On Trainsplit it's the last stage before payment, you are shown your seats and can click to change them.

Thanks a lot!

Hmm, I don't see any way to change them - it just seems to show me the numbers on the last screen before payment submission.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I on the right site even? I'm just using "plain" trainsplit.com - should I be using one of the other versions of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.