• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Trainee Train Driver Euston and Wolverhampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railhopeful

Does Avanti take people who have had laser eye surgery?

I had mine in 2008 and eyes have been somewhat perfect since then. I know there was some initial trepidation and the guidance has changed, but don't know if Avanti have a blanket ban like Virgin used to.

ArchangelA

Does Avanti take people who have had laser eye surgery?

I had mine in 2008 and eyes have been somewhat perfect since then. I know there was some initial trepidation and the guidance has changed, but don't know if Avanti have a blanket ban like Virgin used to.
I had mine lasered in 2008 and now have perfect distance vision. I've also applied for the Avanti vacancy so we'll soon see.

Dri22yDre

Best of luck to everyone looking out for their results after taking the M7SJT & VSE. I believe most will get their emails this approaching week. Fingers Crossed for you all and best wishes

Midlands_lad

A friend of mine recently applied for the position at Wolverhampton, he was very interested in the railway as I have just been offered a job as a signaller. When he took the tests he instantly got an email stating that he was unsuccessful. He asked for feedback and was told that he passed the SJT put sadly failed the VSE. I would probably say that people who have not heard may well all be successful as it seems the computer scores a fail instantly, good luck to all.

Dri22yDre

A friend of mine recently applied for the position at Wolverhampton, he was very interested in the railway as I have just been offered a job as a signaller. When he took the tests he instantly got an email stating that he was unsuccessful. He asked for feedback and was told that he passed the SJT put sadly failed the VSE. I would probably say that people who have not heard may well all be successful as it seems the computer scores a fail instantly, good luck to all.

Congratulations on your new job as a signaller. I recently took that test and it is absolutely difficult hahah ... you did great. I applied for Grade 7 but didn’t get the position. I applied as a back up/foot into the rail industry.

Hopefully I get further with my Euston application. Thank you for the info you posted. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Railhopeful

I had mine lasered in 2008 and now have perfect distance vision. I've also applied for the Avanti vacancy so we'll soon see.

I heard back, they basically said laser eye doesn't rule you out however you still need to complete the medical (as expected). So it's good that's it's not an automatic no now. They apparently asked the recruitment team who gave the information.

Octopus28

I heard back, they basically said laser eye doesn't rule you out however you still need to complete the medical (as expected). So it's good that's it's not an automatic no now. They apparently asked the recruitment team who gave the information.
That’s good, at the end of the day you probably have better eyesight than most who don’t wear glasses! It’s just them weighing up a risk, but good luck I’m sure it’ll be absolutely fine :)

Railhopeful

That’s good, at the end of the day you probably have better eyesight than most who don’t wear glasses! It’s just them weighing up a risk, but good luck I’m sure it’ll be absolutely fine :)
Thank you it's a relief. Fingers crossed there are no issues and can get through the tests. No doubt it'll be difficult but definitely worth it.

ArchangelA

Brilliant news thanks for letting me know!

Jaytrains

They normally send their emails around this time, i guess we wont hear from them today

but i could be wrong..

Albagubrath

they really are, i wonder if they have any dates for courses this year

Can’t see them taking any of us that pass this year as there are already courses delayed in starting due to the current situation! Those won’t finish till October/November so doubt very much it will be before this time next year!

Jaytrains

Can’t see them taking any of us that pass this year as there are already courses delayed in starting due to the current situation! Those won’t finish till October/November so doubt very much it will be before this time next year!

fair enough

Octopus28

They’re leaving us hanging on until the very last day! No doubt going through everyone who hasn’t had a rejection email and picking the best candidates out. I hope we hear today or tomorrow haha! Good luck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.