• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aylesbury Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboFintan

I'm planning to do the Chiltern Railways class 121 shuttle this Friday and may get the 17:30 from London Marylebone to Aylesbury which arrives there at 18:24. The shuttle to Princes Risborough leaves Aylesbury at 18:28.

Question is, if the 17:30 London to Aylesbury is somewhat delayed, would the shuttle to Princes Risborough be kept waiting? I've seen the shuttle be delayed for a late train from London at Princes Risborough so I was wondering if this is the same for Aylesbury?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Highly unlikely to be held at Aylesbury as it would conflict with 2A52 (1753 Marylebone - Aylesbury), which is due to depart Princes Risborough at 1846, coming the other way.

TurboFintan

Highly unlikely to be held at Aylesbury as it would conflict with 2A52 (1753 Marylebone - Aylesbury), which is due to depart Princes Risborough at 1846, coming the other way.

Checking Realtime Trains, I can see it wouldn't be practical to hold up another train at Princes Risborough. I might go via Princes Risborough instead.

I'm planning to do the Chiltern Railways class 121 shuttle this Friday and may get the 17:30 from London Marylebone to Aylesbury which arrives there at 18:24. The shuttle to Princes Risborough leaves Aylesbury at 18:28.

Question is, if the 17:30 London to Aylesbury is somewhat delayed, would the shuttle to Princes Risborough be kept waiting? I've seen the shuttle be delayed for a late train from London at Princes Risborough so I was wondering if this is the same for Aylesbury?

I was there on Monday for the same reason.
As the line between Aylesbury and Princes Risborough is single line and fully utilised in the evening rush hour there is no chance of the shuttle waiting for a connection.

03_179

Established Member
I hope to do the Bubble next week.

Is it just the one unit that does it per morning ?

Muzer

Established Member
As answered in the other thread, one unit, and (unless Chiltern decide to repair the blue one) it'll be the green one.

Established Member
As answered in the other thread, one unit, and (unless Chiltern decide to repair the blue one) it'll be the green one.

Given it only has 2 weeks of operation left the blue one will NOT be making a comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.