• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Battersby to Edinburgh Disputed Delay Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esker-pades

Established Member
Your response has cost you nothing as you applied for something that you were not entitled to. You should, instead, write to the TOCs customer relations and explain the inconvenience you feel you incurred and ask them if they would consider compensating you (either monetarily or with one of their free tickets). Going to the appropriate route can often yield better results, and the worst case is you'll have spent a little time in contacting them.

At this point, is the recommendation to cancel the delay repay request?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
To be fair, the original post was "what extra information can I give Northern so they think I've bought a ticket?" rather than "am I entitled to compensation?". It wasn't relavent to the specific question I was asking.
I see. So your request was in fact for help with how to pursue your invalid claim, but intentionally without telling us that it isn't a valid claim.

Esker-pades

Established Member
Update:
Despite sending them an e-mail withdrawing my request for delay repay, Northern have issued a generic "it's a strike day so it wasn't our fault" response. They have passed it on to their "refunds" department.
I will be sure to explain the situation in full one I have a new reference and contact.

Esker-pades

Established Member
Update:
Despite e-mailing Northern saying that I did not wish to pursue the case any further, this afternoon I got a letter from Northern and a cheque for £2.70, which represented the unused portion of my Battersby to Haymarket ticket (which I assume was Battersby to Middlesbrough). Having not had any communication from them since early October when withdrew my case, I assumed that the matter had been closed.

najaB

Veteran Member
Despite e-mailing Northern saying that I did not wish to pursue the case any further, this afternoon I got a letter from Northern and a cheque for £2.70…
Momma always said Northern is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.

Very strange.

robbeech

Established Member
As you’re not entitled to it as you weren’t delayed it will be up to you whether you rip it up or pay it into the bank of course.
Regardless of this it does emphasise once again that this particular toc are in a world of their own.

js1000

As you’re not entitled to it as you weren’t delayed it will be up to you whether you rip it up or pay it into the bank of course.
Regardless of this it does emphasise once again that this particular toc are in a world of their own.
I usually send my weekly season tickets together when claiming a voucher or free ticket for regular delays as it's easier for me as well as (logically you'd imagine) the TOC. Some get accepted within days, others take weeks. God only knows what happens at Northern...

robbeech

Established Member
I usually send my weekly season tickets together when claiming a voucher or free ticket for regular delays as it's easier for me as well as (logically you'd imagine) the TOC. Some get accepted within days, others take weeks. God only knows what happens at Northern...
Even Northern don’t know what happens at Northern.

Status
Not open for further replies.