• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BBC story about Richard Trevithick's Penydarren Locomotive

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pigeon

Poor old Trevithick, now spinning in his grave at being compared to a couple of computerised nazis.

John Luxton

Established Member
Interesting to note that this video is by Dan Snow.

This was the chap who managed to completely ignore Richard Trevithick in the BBC TV Locomotion series.

Is this Dan finally putting right his omission from over a decade ago?

I never watched the complete series as I was taken aback by omitting such an important character in railway development.

Not long after Locomotion appeared I was on a cruise which included a call a Gijon in Spain.

Whilst there I went to the excellent railway museum and one of the first displays was Trevithick including and illuminated panel of Cuneo's famous Penydarren painting.

I thought if a museum in Spain recognised the importance of Trevithick - what happened to Dan Snow?!

Undermined my confidence in him as a TV history presenter and I started wondering what has been omitted from Dan's other shows?