• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Beijing Olympics 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D306

Established Member
umm, the torch was lit in like march! what you mean is the flame. Do you not remember it going on a world tour before going to bejing?

Galvanize

umm, the torch was lit in like march! what you mean is the flame. Do you not remember it going on a world tour before going to bejing?

And especially the controversy it caused when it came to london :roll:

Andrew, please think before you type, it'll save you confusion!

Z12XE

Another good reason not to watch the TV....................

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The ceremony was spectacular. Going on past big public events in Britain (Millennium fireworks spring to mind) I fear that ours may not live up to this one.

richa2002

Established Member
The ceremony was spectacular. Going on past big public events in Britain (Millennium fireworks spring to mind) I fear that ours may not live up to this one.
It would be silly for it to live up to that. A horrific waste of money. I do admit it was amazing though.

rail-britain

Established Member
The olympic games events started three days ago, and now we have the "opening" ceremony

When you compare say the last three opening ceremonies, they all seem to take the same format now
Unless London 2012 use something unique, then it will just be more dance, music, and fireworks
The good thing is they won't need to cover any history prior to the last games, so I hope we see some WW2 history just to rub it in
How about a nuclear blast above London, how spectacular would that be!
I would also expect a Health & Safety congregation to be walking in front, at the sides, and behind each country
People that attend will also be issued with safety cards, "Do not look directly at the fireworks as this may cause injury"

wishbone332

Well, back on the other side of the planet, Vancouver, Canada is hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics and I plan to be there! Oh, and if they send any broadcast feeds to the UK, look for me in the stadium during the opening ceremony -- I should be the one flailing and calling the torch lighting "hellfire". ;)

mbonwick

Established Member
They have? Oh god....

I'll just play my far superior CDs/MP3s at loud volume levels. How that sound?

me123

Established Member
I like the olympics and the commonwealth games. The two sporting events that I can actually show an interest in!

Bayum

Established Member
I liked watching the guys swimming... And then being interviewed. Was rather fun =P

Bayum

Established Member
Pfft. Nah - you dont get a chance to see their chest and stomachs =D

Status
Not open for further replies.