• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Belfast to Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangor-toad

Hello everybody,
This isn't so much a fares question as a mode of travel one.

I need to be in Lincoln on the 8th October by 11am. I will be leaving from Belfast.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can avoid having to travel on the 7th with an overnight stay? Leaving at stupid o'clock in the morning is fine...

So far I've looked at flights via East Midlands, Birmingham, all London airports and Leeds. None of them are early enough to let me arrive on time. The closest I've found is Aer Lingus into Gatwick, then ignoring all minimum connecting times (but based on what I've got away within the past) it may just be possible to go Gatwick-London-Newark-Lincoln arriving at 11:14am.

I don't think this trip is possible but any comments or suggestions are gratefully received.
Thanks,
Mr Toad

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

telstarbox

Established Member
How about

Easyjet EZY254 Belfast Int - London Stansted, arrives 0725, then:

0821 Stansted Airport - Peterborough
1000 Peterborough - Newark North Gate
1050 Newark North Gate - Lincoln arr 11.14 - or a taxi from Newark might get you to your destination just in time for 11am?

You might also find that a pre-booked taxi from East Midlands Airport to Lincoln is cheaper than the train ticket and then you could get Flybe BE361 which lands at 0815.

Last edited:

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I'm not sure if this satisfies your need to avoid an overnight stop.

Take the Stena Line ferry from Belfast to Liverpool, departing at 2230 on the evening on the 7th.

This arrives Birkenhead at 0630 on the morning of the 8th.

Shuttle Bus to Birkenhead Hamilton Square station - depart at 0707 arrive Lincoln at 1107 with changes at Liverpool Lime Street and Sheffield.

Through sail and rail fares are available too! £46 Advance or £51 Standby, cabins are extra if you want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.