• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Belgium: a royal Desiro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gysev

Last week, an exposition opened at Train World (the Belgian national railway museum) about the royal trains. For the first time, visitors are allowed access to some of the royal coaches that were once used by Leopold II, Albert I and other kings. Documents and objects from the archives of the royal family are presented as well. The exposition will be open until 25-01-2023: https://www.trainworld.be/en/exhibition-royals-trains

For this occasion, Desiro EMU 08188 has received a special livery. This unit can be seen everywhere on the network (except lines electrified with 25 kV).

Attachments

• 08188.JPG
    08188.JPG
    480.8 KB · Views: 199
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

37201xoIM

Given the 08s are by a country mile the nastiest trains on the Belgian network, it's good to see this use or irony, presumably from a closet republican... ;)

gysev

Given the 08s are by a country mile the nastiest trains on the Belgian network, it's good to see this use or irony, presumably from a closet republican... ;)

I guess you haven't been in an AM75, after that the Desiro is heaven in my opinion.

It's not the first time the class 08 is used to advertise expositions in Train World. No hidden republicans there!

MarcVD

I guess you haven't been in an AM75, after that the Desiro is heaven in my opinion.

I'm a first class traveller and for me AM75 first class seating, both original and refurbished, is head and shoulders above anything a desiro has to offer.

37201xoIM

It's not the first time the class 08 is used to advertise expositions in Train World. No hidden republicans there!
You know, to be fair I'm not sure I have been in am AM75, now you mention it!

On Moderation
How long before it gets "repainted" into Belgian standard graffiti livery?

Status
Not open for further replies.