• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best value Sleeper fares from Fort William to Crewe 22/04/2024 and minor Rover query

Hi all,

Looking at buying a sleeper cabin for me and my girlfriend on the above journey. Current price is £330 for travel and the cheapest cabin. She will have a valid interrail pass, and I have Rail Staff Online Leisure Card (although I believe for some bizarre reason this is not accepted on the Caledonian Sleeper even though the other Rail Staff Travel products are). Is there anyway we can reduce the cost to account for her already having a valid travel ticket?

Or should we just bite the bullet and pay full price?

On a separate note, is it possible to buy Rovers via the Rail Staff Travel website?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
You could get a Sleeper supplement in Classic for both of you for £165.00 from the sleeper.scot website.

Your girlfriend's InterRail ticket is valid with the Supplement.

You could then buy an Off-Peak Single from Fort William to London Euston. The normal price is £149.00, though I'm not sure what the discount is with your leisure card.

The total will be cheaper than £330 though.

Haywain

Veteran Member
You could then buy an Off-Peak Single from Fort William to London Euston. The normal price is £149.00, though I'm not sure what the discount is with your leisure card.
If it's the Online Leisure Card for Network Rail staff, it is not valid for travel on Caledonian Sleepers services, so a public rate ticket is required.

The Puddock

On a separate note, is it possible to buy Rovers via the Rail Staff Travel website?

Yes it is, but they have to post them(!) to you. There’s a “Rovers” tab along the top then you select what you want from a dropdown list on the left.