• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham to Pakistan by bus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

quarella

So down to Domestic Vs Euro regs. Been away from the bus/coach industry a long time and had noticed the splitting of various routes couldn't think of a reason for it. Thanks for the info. Did try a well known search engine using "Split bus routes" which will come in handy if I visit Croatia. :D
I do not think having to split longer routes into two sections is going to encourage passengers. I have just had a look on Traveline Cymru to see what it did with a local route. 172/72 Aberdare to Porthcawl is shown with one 4 minute change at Bridgend using different bays. Nothing to indicate a through journey and I would not be happy risking a 4 minute connection in a location I was not familiar with.
Destination displays can be overly complicated now. I think if it is a through service it should be, as an example 172 Bridgend for Porthcawl but very often you now get intermediate points scrolling with it taking several minutes to complete a cycle.
From my past life as a driver I would have to say I felt far more relaxed and fresher doing a longer distance routes than battling round a city centre dealing with passengers every couple of minutes but then I was a coach driver doing bus services sometimes. :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.