• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham to Stoke on Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleaver

Hi,

I'm trying to get from Birmingham New Street to Stoke on Trent with a 16-25 railcard on a Saturday.

I think I have found a cheap split by getting a ticket from Birmingham New Street to Stafford (£6.80) and then from Norton Bridge to Stoke on Trent (£3.50) but not using the Norton Bridge to Stafford part of the Norton Bridge to Stoke on Trent ticket. As it is cheaper than buying a Stafford to Stoke on Trent ticket (£4.35).

Can anyone find a reason why this would not be a valid set of tickets from Birmingham New Street to Stoke on Trent? Or is a there an even cheaper way to do it?

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

martinsh

Established Member
Well the standard off peak return Birmingham to Stafford appears to be £10.30, so perhaps you'd better explain what discounts you think you are entitled to ??

--------

Oops ! sorry you did !
Don't see any reason why your plan shouldn't work.

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Not valid. You have a gap between Stafford & Norton Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.