• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham to York in early April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I would like to travel from Birmingham to York on Friday 8th April, returning on Sunday 10th April (2022). My departure time on the Friday is completely flexible, although I'd like to arrive in York by about 19:00 at the latest. My departure time on the Sunday is also flexible, but I would like to be back in Birmingham by 16:00.
I have had a quick search for tickets, but cannot see any advance fares, even though 10th April is now less than 12 weeks away. Is it likely that the advance tickets are fully sold out, or will they be released closer to the date?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Hi All,
I would like to travel from Birmingham to York on Friday 8th April, returning on Sunday 10th April (2022). My departure time on the Friday is completely flexible, although I'd like to arrive in York by about 19:00 at the latest. My departure time on the Sunday is also flexible, but I would like to be back in Birmingham by 16:00.
I have had a quick search for tickets, but cannot see any advance fares, even though 10th April is now less than 12 weeks away. Is it likely that the advance tickets are fully sold out, or will they be released closer to the date?
Thanks
The industry has not been consistently operating at anywhere near 12 weeks ahead for Advance tickets for several years now, and won't be doing so any time soon. Best wait until about five or six weeks out (varies by TOC, flow and day of week)...

Haywain

Veteran Member
Hi All,
Thanks
12 weeks is no more than an ambition at the moment, and for weekends always has been. Engineering works at weekends can mean that tickets only become available a few weeks out.

miklcct

On Moderation
Hi All,
Thanks
If you need any flexibility an advance ticket is not for you. Advance tickets are only for totally inflexible travellers because they are fixed-time.

If you need any flexibility an advance ticket is not for you. Advance tickets are only for totally inflexible travellers because they are fixed-time.
I have no fixed timetable on either day and am therefore happy to take the trains with the cheapest ticket option.

Status
Not open for further replies.