• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bits of Freight at West Brompton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
My original Intention was to see the SERCO and the 456 Drag.
I found out the 456 Drag was caped, so I decided just to wait for the SERCO.
Unfortunately the SERCO was running 2 hours late, so here is what I saw while I was waiting 2 hours for it

(excludes Units)
13:59 S 92039-6D47/6b53??-WEFOC-Dollands Moor
14:20 N 60022-????-
14:50 N 66235-6M44-Eastleigh-Wembley
14:52 N 66065-6???-Brett Hoppers
15:07 S 92029-0B53?- to Dollands Moor

Here is the Photo of the Serco and a Video-apologies for crap quality
P1010526.jpg

P1010542.jpg

P1010556.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisM

Excellent photo of 37607+37606 on the Serco.
Why did you choose to phot all of those trains in shadow?
Sometimes it's not possible to get on the right side of the sun, more so when photographing from a platform.

class 313

Established Member
Excellent photo of 37607+37606 on the Serco.

Sometimes it's not possible to get on the right side of the sun, more so when photographing from a platform.

Its obvious that the other platform would of captured the trains in sun. So Joe is right...

class 313

Established Member
It's more obvious that you didn't read my post properly, still nevermind.

Well no, you said sometimes you cant help it. In this situation Julian could. So it doesnt really matter if sometimes you might not be able too when here you coud...

ChrisM

Well no, you said sometimes you cant help it. In this situation Julian could. So it doesnt really matter if sometimes you might not be able too when here you coud...
He might have been on the wrong platform for any number of reasons or he may have wanted a different view/angle of the train.
Still it's his choice surely. :!:

RJ

Established Member
It was taken on the Southbound Platform, using full Optical Zoom

If you were on the other side, you'd have gotten more of the train in and be able to see the side of the loco. The southbound platform is rubbish for trains going both ways, mainly due to the curvature of the line, and evidently the sun as well.

Each to his own though.

T

Tom

Does it really matter whether the pics are good or bad?

Several years ago Julians photos would have been heavily blurred and probably warped....

There is improvement for everyone........

Status
Not open for further replies.