• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackpool New Trams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Poole

Heading to Blackpool this Wednesday, just wondering if the New Blackpool Trams are going to be testing that day? i mainly going up to get the old trams on film and photoed but would be nice if the new trams made an apperance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluegoblin7

Established Member
If it's out (Which I think would be very unlikely now it's done a run to Little Bispham and back) then it will be in the early hours (6/7AM) and probably restricted to the Starr Gate-Pleasure Beach section only, and certainly won't mingle with the operational cars.

No gen has hit my ears yet, but things can and do change quite quickly.

Hope that helps - sorry it can't be more positive.

Jack

Simon Poole

If it's out (Which I think would be very unlikely now it's done a run to Little Bispham and back) then it will be in the early hours (6/7AM) and probably restricted to the Starr Gate-Pleasure Beach section only, and certainly won't mingle with the operational cars.

No gen has hit my ears yet, but things can and do change quite quickly.

Hope that helps - sorry it can't be more positive.

Jack

thats okay, its mainly heading up there for the old trams anyway

MJBryan1979

Yes I believe the Sunday the 6th November is the last day until next easter.
By which time most of the old trams will be gone.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
System closes on the 6th November at close of service - last tram is 2331 off Little Bispham. A winter service could still happen, though nothing has been announced and it would be very unlikely when the tramway has only been running as far as Little Bispham all season.

Re-opens Good Friday 2012 with 16 Flexities, 9 (maybe 10) widened Balloons and a handful of 'heritage' cars, ten minute 'core' service between Starr Gate & Fleetwood Ferry, with additional cars Pleasure Beach-Bispham/Little Bispham/Cleveleys (Unsure thus far).

The last weekend will see four tram tours running too to 'celebrate' the end. More details at http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/oct11/newsblackpool2.html.

Jack

theblackwatch

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.