• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Book Enquiry: "Steaming Into ... " Series, by Michael Clutterbuck and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
This is a series of five books about the GWR from Broad Gauge days until, I think, the early 1960s.

They seem to be written as novels about a GWR family, and seem to be interesting. There's a sixth book dealing with the LNWR, but it's the GWR ones that I'm particularly interested in. Does anyone know anything about these books, please?

The attached link from Amazon will hopefully give more infoirmation: Amazon.co.uk : michael clutterbuck

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bje3400

This is a series of five books about the GWR from Broad Gauge days until, I think, the early 1960s.

They seem to be written as novels about a GWR family, and seem to be interesting. There's a sixth book dealing with the LNWR, but it's the GWR ones that I'm particularly interested in. Does anyone know anything about these books, please?

The attached link from Amazon will hopefully give more infoirmation: Amazon.co.uk : michael clutterbuck

Thanks.
Just bought three of them funnily enough, I'll offer some insight once I've read them

bje3400

So the books have arrived and I have to say they're not half bad. As you say, they are fictional works, not books of railway history, but are quite entertaining in their own right, and well written.

I'd say they were definitely worth a look of you enjoy railway fiction :)

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
So the books have arrived and I have to say they're not half bad. As you say, they are fictional works, not books of railway history, but are quite entertaining in their own right, and well written.

I'd say they were definitely worth a look of you enjoy railway fiction :)
Thanks very much - a New Year present from me to me, then!

Status
Not open for further replies.