• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booking a wheelchair space on the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Orange

On Moderation
Morning everyone,

I have booked a couple of tickets on trainline.com with LNER, but as we are travelling with a wheelchair we‘d like to book a wheelchair space. I have contacted LNER via their passenger assist (over a week ago), but so far no reply. We are travelling the end of this week.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
There are a couple of alternative options you could try:

Phone 08000223720 instead of LNER direct, or text 60083.

If you've got an Android or iOS smartphone, install the Passenger Assistance by Transreport app (the icon is a stylised turquoise "p") and request the assistance through there.

Staff at some stations have access to the Passenger Assistance portal and can book it for you if your details are already in the system.

TUC

Established Member
Staff at some stations have access to the Passenger Assistance portal and can book it for you if your details are already in the system.
Why is it on at some statiins? I would have thought it is an obvious passenger need for all stations to have access to the system.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Why is it on at some statiins? I would have thought it is an obvious passenger need for all stations to have access to the system.
Because some TOCs chose (a long time ago) to take the process in house to their telesales teams. Completing the Passenger Assist booking is quite a long process and is not well suited to places without several staff on duty.

Purple Orange

On Moderation
There are a couple of alternative options you could try:

Phone 08000223720 instead of LNER direct, or text 60083.

If you've got an Android or iOS smartphone, install the Passenger Assistance by Transreport app (the icon is a stylised turquoise "p") and request the assistance through there.

Thanks. I’ll give that a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.