• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booking SailRail tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangor-toad

Hi there,
I was needing to book some SailRail tickets between Belfast and London and I've found the way to do it has changed.
This info might be handy for others:

Previously I'd used the standard ScotRail website and with a bit of effort it would accept Belfast Port as a valid place. No more...

The way that Stena want you to book such tickets is through their own website which is TheTrainline. It all looks nice until you notice the £1.50 booking fee...

Still, at least you can still use the Virgin Trains website to get exactly the same without the booking fee.
Oh, and there still seems to be no way to book any ticket via Belfast-Liverpool...

Cheers,
Mr Toad

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Still, at least you can still use the Virgin Trains website to get exactly the same without the booking fee.
Oh, and there still seems to be no way to book any ticket via Belfast-Liverpool...
You can also buy them at the station. As to the Belfast via Liverpool route, see this thread.

higthomas

Or you can use Scotrail Telesales, who from what I've heard are quite able.

bkhtele

Thanks for that very useful, and they will post them to you in N. Ireland. Their mobile site will sell them but it only allow collection at a Station on National rail!

CallySleeper

Established Member
It's a pity that Scotrail no longer appear to sell them. If you are based in Belfast then Translink's booking office at the Europa (not the NIR or G/L ticket desk but the bigger office next to the Glengall St entrance) are able to sell sailrail + other mainland tickets, plus a small (~£1) card charge last time I was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.