• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Break of Journey Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlythPower

Hi Folks,

I'll be spending a day and half in sunny Colchester (COL) next week and plan to use it as a base for some Essexplorations. I'm hoping to do some branches and use break of journey to avoid lots of separate tickets for various legs.

Would I be right in assuming that for taking in Walton-on-the-Naze (WON) and Clacton-on-Sea (CLT) that either a COL-WON return with a Thorpe-le-Soken (TLS) to CLT return or conversely COL-CLT plus TLS-WON would be OK? They'll all be super off peak returns as I'll be travelling after midday.

The following day, I'm planning on heading down to Shenfield (SNF) and on the way back hope to do Witham (WTM) to Braintree (BTR) and then Marks Tey (MKT) to Sudbury (SUY). I imagine this should be pretty straightfoward with a COL-SNF return plus WTM-BTR and MKT-SUY returns?

The final leg, if time allows, would be COL to Ipswich (IPS), stopping off at Manningtree (MNG) on the way back for a spin to Harwich Town (HWC). This would hopefully be OK with a COL-IPS and MNG-HWC super off peak returns.

Do I need to 'do' anything (endorsements on tickets, etc) or is there anything to say to staff if faced with any challenge of the combinations?

Thanks! :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
As you are changing trains at the point where you change tickets staff don't even need to know. Break of Journey is always fine on the return of Offpeak tickets (and usually on the outward too).

paddington

I highly doubt you will experience any ticket checks except on the Sudbury train (and at barriered stations).

In the unlikely event of encountering RPIs, then you just need a ticket valid at the point you are checked, which you will have so no need to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.