• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bridgnorth - London with Chiltern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroland

Established Member
A direct train service from Bridgnorth to London will run for the first time next month.

And railways bosses are hoping the one-off train using the Severn Valley Railway will pave the way for other services from the market town to the capital.

The Chiltern Railways train will leave Bridgnorth at 7.45am, serving Hampton Loade, Highley, Arley and Bewdley, before reaching Kidderminster and carrying on to London Marylebone on August 15, arriving at 11.59am.

Nick Ralls, general manager at the SVR, said: “We are very pleased to offer this service in conjunction with Chiltern Railways and I hope that it will lead to future partnerships with Chiltern.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/2009/07/13/one-off-svr-train-to-london/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gordonthemoron

Established Member
The outward journey takes 4 hours 14 mins. The return leaves Marylebone at 5:20pm and passengers will have to change at Kidderminster onto a steam train.

Do SVR runs trains late enough to connect with that departure?

anthony263

Established Member
I have read on another forum that the Severn Valley railway are to run 2 class 20s to connect with the return chiltern service until a new crossover/connection is built.

That was then changed to being steam KR - BN because that allows the signalmen to go home earlier.

The steam loco wouldn't need to return, A diesal would

Techniquest

Veteran Member
The ultimate question is whether it will definately use the connection off the SVR onto the mainline. No doubt plenty of people need that bit of track!

Ascot

Established Member
The ultimate question is whether it will definately use the connection off the SVR onto the mainline. No doubt plenty of people need that bit of track!

It would plough into the Gents Toilets otherwise at Kidderminster Town, if it tried to avoid the mainline connection.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Every other tour that I've ever seen going to the SVR has always terminated in Kiddy, and I had visions of them running a 165 from Bridgnorth to Kiddy Town, carting the passengers off for a break and let them re-join after it spent forever going empty over the connection.

It would still be a direct train, just not with passengers on it throughout :p:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.