• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol Bus Number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Not sure if this has been discussed yet.

I heard that a bus in Bristol is running on human and other waste products.

Is it route number 2 ? (Sorry)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duncanp

Established Member
It is on the BBC news website.

So if it runs late, or it doesn't turn up at all, you can truthfully say "this is a s**t bus service" (Sorry as well)

AndyNLondon

Article that a friend shared on Facebook with the comment "for those who think public transport is a bit s***" (and promptly led to a string of toilet humour puns, of course) http://www.bristol247.com/channel/news-comment/daily/environment/all-aboard-for-poo-power-buses
THE UK’s first ever bus powered on food waste and human poo has taken to the roads of Bristol.

The 40-seater Bio-Bus, which runs on gas generated through the treatment of sewage and food waste, can travel up to 300km on a full tank of gas generated at Bristol sewage treatment works in Avonmouth – a plant run by GENeco, a subsidiary of Wessex Water.

GENeco general manager Mohammed Saddiq said: “Gas powered vehicles have an important role to play in improving air quality in UK cities, but the Bio-Bus goes further than that and is actually powered by people living in the local area, including quite possibly those on the bus itself.

“Using biomethane in this way not only provides a sustainable fuel, but also reduces our reliance on traditional fossil fuels.”

They really should have launched it yesterday to coincide with Word Toilet Day

starrymarkb

Established Member
You can always go via Bristol on the A1/39 when the A4 isn't running. If the airport want it to run earlier/later they can always subsidise it.

I'm guessing it's targeting tourists arriving at the airport and taking them into Bath, in which case the timetable makes more sense as most tourists prefer to travel on daytime flights arriving in the afternoon/early evening for Hotel check ins and leaving Bath in the morning after checking out of their hotels.

quarella

Can't help thinking it's somewhat ironic that people will be catching this environmentally friendly bus to go catch a plane.

Hilarious timetable too.

http://www.bathbuscompany.com/images/New_Timetable.png

From the airport at 0730 then every hour until 2000. Er, what?

A column for the 1930 departure would be useful but when timetables show "then hourly till..." and then list a number of services all of which appear to follow the hourly pattern I find myself hunting for the variation that requires a specific listing which often isn't there.

For a line of confusion there is this one between Rhoose and Cardiff Airport.
http://www.valeofglamorgan.gov.uk/Documents/Living/Transport/Timetables%20January%202013/Bus_Service_905.pdf

Mondays to Fridays second call at Holiday Inn Express which is correct from 1853. I noticed it on the out of date timetable showing a previous operator at the airport a few weeks ago.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
You can always go via Bristol on the A1/39 when the A4 isn't running. If the airport want it to run earlier/later they can always subsidise it.

I'm guessing it's targeting tourists arriving at the airport and taking them into Bath, in which case the timetable makes more sense as most tourists prefer to travel on daytime flights arriving in the afternoon/early evening for Hotel check ins and leaving Bath in the morning after checking out of their hotels.

I think you've missed my point. It runs before and after the times I've quoted but claims to run hourly between 0730 and 2000, making it tricky to know what time past the hour the bus leaves - does the bus run at half past the hour or on the hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.