• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BSIP fare reductions - Keighley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
The outline of this has been mentioned in the thread on BSIP (Bus Service Improvement Plan), but now it's coming to fruition (tomorrow).

All the local operators in Keighley already offer £2 fares, but from tomorrow most or all the local routes will have a reasonably long section where the fare is £1.

Our fares are falling in Keighley
3 days ago Wed 30th Aug 2023

Our fares are falling... again!

We're building on our partnership with HM Government and West Yorkshire Combined Authority to bring you £1 fares anywhere within Keighley. From 3 September, we've slashed the fare on many of our most popular journeys in and around the town by 50% to help our customers visit our town more affordably than ever before. The new £1 zone covers our entire Keighley Local zone plus to Airedale Hospital on Dalesway and Mainline.

With regular buses from Keighley's local estates, our new deal makes it easy and great value to get in and around our town. To take advantage of the new deal, just hop on any of our buses in the below zone - you can pay up front with Transdev Go or just pay your driver with cash or contactless. If you're travelling outside of this zone, the max you'll pay is £2.

If you travel with us regularly, a period ticket may still be best value for you. You can check our range of weekly and 28 day tickets here.

Interestingly the £1 fares cover not just the current Local zone, but the buses to Airedale hospital (and the 62 so long as it's parallel to them).

Transdev Burnley's M4 is specifically mentioned, but Transdev Team Pennine's 502 isn't on the map - it's not clear if this is an omission or if it's not covered. There's only one local non-school route that's not run by Transdev - Jackson's 903 which takes a similar route between Keighley and Airedale hospital - this is currently cheaper than Transdev for many people (it's £1.50 from Keighley to Bar House Lane - Transdev are £2 and were £2.40). They have no social media presence. I'm assuming that despite this being a subsidised route they benefit if they have more passengers - they take passengers with Transdev only tickets for any journey for £1.

Although a good saving for many people it creates quite a "cliff edge" at the end of the zone - for me, I could save half my fare to Steeton Station by getting off 2 (short) stops early!

Status
Not open for further replies.