• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BTinternet.com - incorrectly identifying messages as 'SPAM'

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Webb

Established Member
There are two groups of people that I regularly send messages to; there are 6 in one group and 8 in the other. They have a variety of internet addresses, but in the past week, in both groups, when I've sent a message out those with BTinternet.com have had their e-mails bounced back by BT claiming that they have been identified as 'SPAM'. I've then tried sending the e-mails individually to the same people and the messages have got though without problem.

So it seems the e-mails are being identified as 'SPAM' simply because they are being sent to several people at once rather than the actual content of the e-mails.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Or knows if BT have recently altered their 'Spam' filters?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SargeNpton

Established Member
Do you use the BCC field for all the recipient addresses? I've found that, on occasion, sending out emails where all the addresses are in the BCC sometimes bounce back; but if I put my own address in the To field they get through.

John Webb

Established Member
Thanks for your replies. In response:
What is the content of the bounce back message that you are getting back from the BT servers?
it reads "554 Message rejected on 2021/06/10 10:28:12 BST, policy (3.2.1.1) ID (xxxxxxx) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM" The messages bounced back within seconds of sending, so it is unlikely that the two recipients both instantly marked the message as 'spam'!
Do you use the BCC field for all the recipient addresses? I've found that, on occasion, sending out emails where all the addresses are in the BCC sometimes bounce back; but if I put my own address in the To field they get through.
I used the 'To' field - we frequently e-mail each other and all know each other's addresses, so no point using the BCC function. But I'll try including my address next time and see what happens. Curiously one e-mail to a recipient with a 'btconnect' address appears to have got through without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.