• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bullying surrounding trainspotting

E27007

I attended a Grammar School for boys from 1966 onwards, the school had several societies of traditional interests to boys, stamp collecting, chess, etc, the railway society the most sizeable, 100 members in a school of 600 pupils, the school turned Co-ed, 50:50 intake girls/boys, societies soon diminished in membership and status (it may have been policy in education to discourage societies for pupils) . An interest in railways became "eccentric", ie immature, .
A degree of ridicule towards railway enthusiasts, today I note women are unsympathetic towards railway enthusiasts.
As for bullying, girl to girl bullying in schools is a serious matter, teaching friends say it is the hardest to deal with, girls employ psychological methods rather than physical, the psychological methods inflict greater long-term distress upon the victim than physical methods.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

70014IronDuke

Established Member
I was at Secondary School 1991 - 1996 and was largely known as the "Uncool Trainspotter"...
Granted You will always get the very occasional person who simply won't accept it. I remember about 20 Years ago at Work there was a Junior Manager who would take great pleasure in deriding me at every Opportunity, even going to the extent of saying that I "couldn't concentrate on my Work because I was constantly daydreaming about Trainspotting"! I didn't rise to the bait though and thankfully she (Yes it was a She) wasn't around for too long afterwards...
Hopefully, unless she managed to change her attitude, she would have been moved on very quickly - and I don't mean upwards.