• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Burnley Manchester Road to London

afc75

The planned 18.02 from Burnley Manchester Road to Euston has been cancelled. Is my off peak return valid on 17:22 via Leeds & Sheffield?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
The planned 18.02 from Burnley Manchester Road to Euston has been cancelled. Is my off peak return valid on 17:22 via Leeds & Sheffield?
The train from Burnley is to Preston, changing for an Avanti service to Euston. It's actually the Avanti service that's been cancelled. There is another service from Preston at 1918 with a change at Crewe that will get you to Euston at 2225, 45 minutes later than planned.

jfollows

Established Member
There is no 18:02 Burnley Manchester Road to Euston, you presumably mean 1B35 16:24 York to Blackpool North and it hasn’t been cancelled as above. Your ticket is valid on the Avanti service following the one that has been cancelled, and you can claim Delay Repay. If your ticket is an advance ticket it’s not valid via Leeds & Sheffield. Let us know if it’s a different type of ticket.
Off peak return, sorry, you said …..
EDIT Valid via Sowerby Bridge and Halifax, yes, should be fine.
1708173670613.png
Lots of mapped routes via Halifax: see https://data.atoc.org/routeing-maps for maps
  • DP + GU + KS
  • GM + MA
  • GU
  • LY + EC
  • MS + MA
  • SY
  • SY + PS + ER
  • TM + GC
  • WK + PS + ER
  • WK + SY
  • SY + EE
  • WY + ER
  • LY + EE
  • LY + ER
  • WK + EE
  • WK + ER
  • WY + SY
  • YN + KY
1708173767853.png
WY + SY, for example gives you the routes you want to take I think.

Last edited:

TUC

Established Member
The train from Burnley is to Preston, changing for an Avanti service to Euston. It's actually the Avanti service that's been cancelled. There is another service from Preston at 1918 with a change at Crewe that will get you to Euston at 2225, 45 minutes later than planned.
I have come across multiple example like this where the message received online by the passengers is just that the service has been cancelled when actually it is a connecting leg.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The OP's Off-Peak Return is valid via Leeds and Sheffield to St Pancras (amongst many other routes) regardless of disruption, should they wish to travel that way.

jfollows

Established Member
The OP's Off-Peak Return is valid via Leeds and Sheffield to St Pancras (amongst many other routes) regardless of disruption, should they wish to travel that way.
Thanks, that's the better and more precise answer than my waffly one above!

afc75

Sorry, my itenary was Burnley, Preston, Euston.

I understand the 16:40 from Glasgow cancelled, meaning 19:07 from Preston is too.

Thanks 4 the replies

Haywain

Veteran Member
Indeed it is but I'm not sure its a realistic option at the time the OP is travelling.