• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Business Trip to Farnborough December 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

d9009alycidon

Hi all - looking for some advice on this trip that I have booked travelling from Glasgow to Farnborough outbound on the 11th December returning to Glasgow on 13th December. The itinery on the tickets is Glasgow to Euston on the 09:40 arriving Euston at 14:10 then over to Waterloo for the 15:09 South Western Railway service to Farnborough (Main), arriving at 15:44.
The return is 09:00 South Western Railway service Farnborough Main to Waterloo arriving 09:38 then 10:30 Euston to Glasgow Central arriving 14:59.
The high likelyhood of industrial action on South Western Railway services during December has me very concerned that I might turn up and find no train to take me to or from Waterloo.
Is the strike likely to affect all services? Is there an alternative way to get from Farnborough to London?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

433N

If desperate, it is possible to do London - Reading - Farnborough North as GWR services and it is slightly less of a pain than walking.

In February this year, I was planning a trip Scotland - Farnborough staying with my in-laws (!) as I had business in the area. A strike was announced and so I rearranged my plans, only for the strike to be called off a day or two before (but I didn't re-change my plans).

Veteran Member
I would be very surprised if the service was totally suspended. A quick Google says that SWT were promising to run over half their trains last time round.

If you are delayed on your return, you are entitled tocatch the next available Virgin train north, but being a Friday I would be minded to start my journey earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.