• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BusTimes.Org

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I'm on BT and it's working fine for me, but I use a 3rd party DNS (Domain name service) - it's not unknown for BT's DNS servers to fall over from time to time.

PeterC

Established Member
It is just hanging when I try and open the site using my phone

Teapot42

Still hanging for me, using Chrome on my mobile.
Not working on either PC or Android mobile for me, tried both WiFi and data just to double check.

However, isitdown suggests the site can be accessed but I'm not sure how in depth the checks it runs are.

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
Not working on either PC or Android mobile for me, tried both WiFi and data just to double check.

However, isitdown suggests the site can be accessed but I'm not sure how in depth the checks it runs are.
Everything's working for me (Chrome on PC and Firefox on phone)

Teapot42

Everything's working for me (Chrome on PC and Firefox on phone)
Presumably it is ISP related then. I've tried the opposite (Chrome on mobile, Firefox on PC) but also Edge and it just times out. As both broadband and mobiles are through BT though I can only assume something at their end is preventing access.

Astradyne

On Moderation
Presumably it is ISP related then. I've tried the opposite (Chrome on mobile, Firefox on PC) but also Edge and it just times out. As both broadband and mobiles are through BT though I can only assume something at their end is preventing access.
No issues accessing the site via BT Broadband here.

Hyebone

Stagecoach East Midlands vehicles based at Mansfield depot were not tracking at all for most of this morning. They have recently reappeared but are not showing route info. (They haven't for a few days).

This is just a problem with Mansfield based vehicles with nearby Worksop and Lincoln vehicles tracking fine (along with the rest of the Emids fleet)

stuart81

I’ve noticed a lot of timetables are on school holiday versions when the schools aren’t on holiday?

Teapot42

Any particular examples?
I've spotted an odd one - the Hulleys 257 timetable is missing journeys. There are journeys at 07:00, 08:00 and 15:00 ex Sheffield which differ between school days and school holidays. Neither is showing.
Scotch the above - it's due to the weird way Hulleys have renumbered some of their services and the fact Bustimes doesn't recognise the 257a and 257b as being variants of the 257.

Last edited:

johncrossley

Established Member
I was using bustimes.org fine yesterday using BT broadband.

Last edited by a moderator:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
We've established that bustimes.org is functioning, so let's leave it there. If anyone continues to have issues, it's either to do with your own service provider or an issue with whatever device you have. Either way, troubleshooting such issues is well outwith the scope of this thread and you should seek advice elsewhere.

Teapot42

I don't know if this is new functionality or if it just needed someone to set it up, but it's nice to see that Bustimes now combines both the Hulleys and First 271 / 272 routes. Previously you needed to know to look at both to find what buses were running and what the timetables are. I've also spotted the Hulleys 257 variants are now merged which is also nice.

I suspect it must be a setup issue rather than a new feature though, as the Stagecoach 90 and 90a still don't show together on the map and need a box ticking to show a combined timetable.

RELL6L

I note that none of the South West First open top routes -Atlantic Coaster, Lands End Coaster or Exmoor Coaster, show any timetables on BusTimes, except for on Sundays. And I don’t think these are the correct timetables either. But they are tracking, so you can see where the buses are. I think all these routes have a mix of low-mid-high season timetables. Is there a particular problem here?

PeterC

Established Member
I don't know if this is new functionality or if it just needed someone to set it up, but it's nice to see that Bustimes now combines both the Hulleys and First 271 / 272 routes. Previously you needed to know to look at both to find what buses were running and what the timetables are. I've also spotted the Hulleys 257 variants are now merged which is also nice.
I am seeing that on the Carousel One group of routes too. Much more helpful.

It does get confused on out and back route deviations when it gets confused about the direction of travel. Me bus suddenly flipped from 2 late to 3 early and back again when going off the main road to a village centre.