• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buy-on-Board Query | Authorised Person Permission | Discounted Fare

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
You might, but the way to boost commission is to encourage on train sales - that said not everyone can see the bigger picture.
I doubt anyone is pulling stunts like this solely for the additional 10p (before tax) that they would gain in commission, but maybe I'm wrong.

Worth noting that northern guards are graded, as part of regular performance reviews, on revenue duties.

One area analysed, among many, is the adherence to condition 6, obviously given they gave consent to buy on board here then discretion should have been used (as is allowed when justified)

Personally I’d have allowed this sale with a great deal of common sense attached and maybe advice for the OP for future purchases