• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying tickets online for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am starting to get myself in a tizz:

How far in advance will I be able to book train tickets between Berlin & Werigerode for December 24th & 29th?

At the moment the online booking form is greyed out from 11th December, but it seems to have been since I first started looking in April.

I have all parts of my holiday booked except this. (I can fly in to Berlin at lunchtime, but my hotel is in Wernigerode for the night)

Any assistance, or putting of my mind at rest would be appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chris999999

This will be because of the Winter timetable change on 11th December. In a perfect world, booking would open 90 days in advance, however this almost never happens.

Last year DB bookings for after the timetable change only became available 2 months in advance. (DB are much better than many other countries where bookings were only available much closer to the timetable change)

Last edited:

Veteran Member
As Chris999999 says, mid October is par for DB. However, it is academic, because Berlin to Wernigerode is entirely on Regional trains and there is no advantage in pre booking.

The new Regio120+ ticket for Sachsen Anhalt Land will get you from central Berlin for EUR20 (you have to pay the fare from the airport separately).

Worth mentioning that regional trains after about 1800 on Christmas Eve run at reduced frequency on some routes.

Thanks Guys.

I thought that may be the case, but thought it worth asking.

All that worries me now is:
Worth mentioning that regional trains after about 1800 on Christmas Eve run at reduced frequency on some routes.

I only land (at Tegel) at 13:20, and feel I need to leave some leeway to get to the train.

Veteran Member
Dont panic! Reduced frequency means 2-hourly instead of hourly on some routes, but not like the UK early closedown.

According to the pdf timetable, the 2105 departure from Halberstadt to Wernigerode was the only scheduled non runner on Christmas Eve 2015, with the last train at 2205 running normally. Magdeburg-Halberstadt was normal. I haven't bothered to check the RE from Berlin but of course it's Saturday service.

http://kursbuch.bahn.de/hafas/kbview.exe/dn?st_name=Halberstadt%238010157&st_filter=&cat_name=&searchmode=station&mainframe=result&orig=sS&dosearch=1&oblig_st=1&submitButton=Suche+starten

You'd be massively late into Tegel for that to affect you.

Status
Not open for further replies.