• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

c2c Fenchurch St line trip advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all.

Im planning on taking my little boy on a weekend trip to London.

Im planning a fri night rush hour at Bethnal Green, followed by trips to Clapham Jct and Kings x on the Saturday.

My question is regarding c2c on a SATURDAY.

I know there wont be much running (compared to rush hour), so in order to see the most 357 units possible, is my best bet to travel from Fench St past East Ham depot and go to Shoeburyness to see any stabled units.

We are only interested in units for sight and not the travel.

Any other better options?

If we had time we would also do Lond Bridge (but not sure as partly shut....or is it?).....and maybe Canonbury or Highbury for overground.

Too many places.....too little time :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

telstarbox

Established Member
London Bridge is very crowded at the moment - you might find Waterloo East easier and you'll see the same Classes 375, 376, 465 and 466 as at London Bridge. Links up well from Sojthwark tube to the quieter eastern end of the platforms.

Last edited:

Established Member
Friday night at Bethnal Green is OK so long as it isn't raining, precious little shelter there, but plenty of trains.

c2c on a Saturday will be a bit quiet. Most of the units at East Ham will be in the shed, with the doors closed if you are particularly unlucky. Everything else not moving will be in the huge sidings at Shoeburyness, but you'll only snatch a few numbers passing by, a long way to go if you have little time. Far easier to let the trains come to you by watching from the DLR platform at Shadwell on a weekday.

However the journey from Fenchurch St to Shoeburyness (via Rainham though) is one of the most interesting from the mix of grim industry through Dagenham and Purfleet to the 'scenic' run along the Thames estuary through Leigh-on-Sea and Chalkwell. The routes via Basildon or Ockendon are dull by comparison. Shame you are not interested in the travel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.