• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can any one name the artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Shire

Hi can anyone help. l believe the picture is a water colour but can anyone id the artist. May be at BRISTOL TM

Attachments

• artist.jpg
    artist.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 97
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
Have a look at the Guild of Railway Artists (railart.co.uk) and see if any of the pictures shown has the same signature or if an entry on their list of members could be the signature. It does look, to my eyes, as if the signature is written backwards, but I am only seeing it in a small image.

SargeNpton

Established Member
Don't think it's Bristol Temple Meads. The style of the loco and coaches, and the roof of the station, suggests that it is an LNER scene. Perhaps York or Newcastle.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Could it be by Mr Ceuno? (He used to have a statue at London Waterloo Railway Station near the old Eurostar area, but he seems to have been moved elsewhere?

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Could it be by Mr Ceuno? (He used to have a statue at London Waterloo Railway Station near the old Eurostar area, but he seems to have been moved elsewhere?
The statue is now at Brompton Barracks, Chatham and is in the care of the Royal Engineers.

SargeNpton

Established Member
Try reversing the photo so that the signature appears on the left. I tried that and it makes the surname look like Wilson or Williams. The picture as posted doesn't have a high enough definition to zoom in before it gets pixelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.