• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Canavan Travel - Refusing Zonecard

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section...

Looking for some advice if possible, currently I've got a SPT Zonecard which consists of zones G1, G2, G3, S3 and S6 so a total of 5 zones.

Canavan Travel is the local operator in Cumbernauld which gets me to and from Cumbernauld Town Centre and my place of work. Tonight when I tried to board the service which is the 42A from Hunt Hill to Cumbernauld Town Centre, the driver of the bus refused it flat and stated that it was not permitted to use and that I would need to pay.

I actually should him that Hunt Hill is part of the S6 zone and that Canavan Travel is a participating operator, but he refused to take this information on board. Ultimately I had to pay, it was £1.65 however, if they are refusing Zonecard's which are valid, I have already tried to contact the operator this evening around 5.30pm and got no answer.

Should I refer this to over to SPT perhaps? Any advice would be grateful.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
http://www.spt.co.uk/travelcards/zonecard/ said:
The ZoneCard is a flexible season ticket for unlimited* travel by rail, Subway, most buses, and some ferries in the Strathclyde region. ZoneCard may be used wherever you see the ZoneCard logo.

Did the bus or the bus stop have a ZoneCard logo? Is it possible that it is not accepted on some of Canavan's routes?

I would raise this with SPT (and keep the tickets).

Established Member
Looking at the map http://www.spt.co.uk/cms/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/zonecard_map2.pdf looks like the zones were certainly correct so I can only assume it's either an company not in the Zonecard scheme, or a driver making his own rules up.

If it is a driver making his own rules up, the company should consider how much money it has already taken from the PTE over the time it has been in the scheme. Or.. driver may be an SSE customer ;)

Last edited:

overthewater

Established Member
Other question is this; whats the deal with No42? its mainly for workers at Morgan Stanley plus others.

As other have said Phone Canavan Travel in the morning and SPT.

Status
Not open for further replies.