• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CANCELLED Welsh Marches Express to Hereford 20/04/2024

peteb

As no timings have been issued by Vintage Trains yet I searched realtime trains.

If the train runs according to those paths, it'll depart Birmingham New St at 0748. It has just over two hours in Hereford arr 1052 dep 1316 (a bit tight to grab lunch?), then shows a stop in Gloucester arr 1520 dep 1609 then via Lickey....(great)....arr Birmingham New St 1727.

A nice short day out, although maybe a bit early for the evening meal in Pullman class. Maybe they'll offer it as a late lunch!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bleeder4

A nice short day out, although maybe a bit early for the evening meal in Pullman class. Maybe they'll offer it as a late lunch!!
The provisional times are still on the website. They say 0700 depart New Street and 1900 arrival back into New Street, so I think the original plan was for a longer day.

peteb

The provisional times are still on the website. They say 0700 depart New Street and 1900 arrival back into New Street, so I think the original plan was for a longer day.
Yes I guess so. Maybe there's still room for negotiation with the planners for a later departure from Hereford to give the 1900 arrival at Birmingham?

This has been CANCELLED. Email received from VT today (16/04/24) offering transfer to Red Dragon on 22/06/2024 or refund etc.

Last edited: