• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cannock Freightliner Intermodal services - Has it been abandoned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTONOV 12BP

Whilst browsing through the RTT schedule of Camden Jn earlier this morning, I noticed a Freightliner Q schedule in place for a Felixstowe - Cannock Intermodal run.

Schedule in reference: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:H64676/2021-07-20/detailed

If my memory serves me correctly, I remember Freightliner running freight schedules to/from Cannock around last year during the summer period, concerning both Felixstowe & London Gateway ports. But as of right now, the Cannock Intermodal schedules seem to have ceased completely as a whole now, as I haven't witnessed one of the paths being utilized on RTT. Could anyone perhaps with more insightful memory, enlighten me with this mini inquiry of mine? I'm looking forward to your responses! :smile:

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

miami

Established Member
How many containers would be on a train like that?

Dr Hoo

Established Member
As I understand it, the Cannock site is owned by Pentalver - a sister company within Genesee & Wyoming, alongside Freightliner.

Although the main line connection was kept in during re-signalling and electrification (it used to be coal disposal point IIRC) the envisaged rail container terminal 'inside the fence' was never actually built. The site has been wholly served by road.

(I haven't been that way since Covid broke so have no idea about morerecent developments.)

The Planner

Veteran Member
Whilst browsing through the RTT schedule of Camden Jn earlier this morning, I noticed a Freightliner Q schedule in place for a Felixstowe - Cannock Intermodal run.

Schedule in reference: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:H64676/2021-07-20/detailed

If my memory serves me correctly, I remember Freightliner running freight schedules to/from Cannock around last year during the summer period, concerning both Felixstowe & London Gateway ports. But as of right now, the Cannock Intermodal schedules seem to have ceased completely as a whole now, as I haven't witnessed one of the paths being utilized on RTT. Could anyone perhaps with more insightful memory, enlighten me with this mini inquiry of mine? I'm looking forward to your responses! :smile:
As said above, its your memory playing tricks on you, no trains have ever ran there.

Status
Not open for further replies.