• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Central line middle of the night train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahrainLad

I live just north of Snaresbrook station and the last couple of nights (hot, windows open) I’ve been woken up around 4am by quite a noisy train going past - different to a normal tube. I presume it’s an engineering train of some kind but Is there any way of finding out?
I’m about 50m from the line and normally sleep through the last/first trains with no issue but clearly this is a different sound so my brain is waking me up!

I think some months ago some track work was being done too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewlew

If it's been a few nights in a row then it'll likely have been the rail grinder (smoothes out any defects in the running rails). It normally stables in Woodford sidings when out that way.

Dstock7080

Established Member
Indeed Rail Grinder working on 500m Leyton-Leytonstone EB last night.

Attachments

• CDBDCB78-66B8-4142-B8D9-828CE0ADF1AB.jpeg
    CDBDCB78-66B8-4142-B8D9-828CE0ADF1AB.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 139

BahrainLad

Interesting! Thanks very much all. Do you know if it was grinding between Snaresbrook and South Woodford too, as it was making a racket...or does it just sound like that when moving!?

Dstock7080

Established Member
Wednesday night was 830m EB Leyton-Leytonstone
Thursday night was 450m WB Leyton-Stratford.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.