• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Central Trains hidden logos and gems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I was wondering if you could post any details of stations where there are hidden Central Trains logos please? Over 3 years on there are still those CT rings appearing at Stations.

Thank you, I hope to hear from people soon :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
The same can be said for lots of former TOCs. Some of the Northern 158s have lots of Central Trains coloured signs and branding inside, but I don't think there are any logos remaining anywhere.

Lots of the Northern 158s do still however have the safety posters of previous TOCs on - one the other day had a poster which said "Wales & Borders Trains" on, and the crossing / tracks logo. They also have lots of welsh language signs still remaining which is interesting.

I am also sure that some of the local stations between Kings Cross and Peterborough still have some Network Southeast signs - although many are faded now and have stickers covering the NSE logos.

Regional Railways signs are quite common around aswell - Keighley has one with the Regional Railways logo on and says "These cycle lockers are provided by Metro and Regional Railways for....". Regional Railways branded signs can also be seen at Manchester Oxford Road and no doubt other places as well.

Aictos

Established Member
There's a few stations on my patch not many mind with the NSE signage still intact but covered with both WAGN and FCC vinyls!

Oh the joys of NSE logos are everywhere - on clocks and station signs! :D

There are still CT logos dotted around from Skegness to Longbridge.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
For a few years there was an SYPTE name sign at Gilberdyke, strange considering it's never been in South Yorkshire! Sadly this novelty has now gone after new Northern signs were installed.

If you look on the front of Marylebone station you'll see a stylised Network South-East sign that's still there.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Moorgate-Drayton Park on the FCC Great Northern are still in NSE livery - station signs and all. A lot of signs on EMT's network hail from Regional Railways days, though everything now under LM control has been spruced up. Best looking for help points - the one on Acton Bridge still has Central branding.

class377man

You still see a few of the NSE "tick-tick-tick" digital clocks around. I saw one a few weeks ago but I can't remember where. Might've been Liverpool Street...

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

O L Leigh

Established Member
Does the ticket office at Marylebone still have that HUGE NSE logo above it?

Yup.

Quite a lot of our "Car Stop" boards still have NSE flashes along the bottom and there are still a few of the former NSE line branding stickers still floating around. There are a couple of pics on my Fotopic site (link below).

O L Leigh

mallard

Established Member
All the disabled access ramps on EMT's sprinters (that I've seen at least) are still marked "PROPERTY OF CENTRAL TRAINS"...

PR1Berske

Established Member
The Nothern trains with Welsh signage got me involved in a short conversation with an American tourist

"Hey, Sir, what language is that?"
"It's Welsh."
"Welsh? Welsh you say? Well I be....You know, I have some Welsh family in my....." [pr1berske zoned out whilst waiting for coincidental heritage anecdote to end......]

Failed Unit

Established Member
I cant remember if Market Rasen ever got CT branding on the signs. I feel it remained regional railways throughout.

pendolino

You still see a few of the NSE "tick-tick-tick" digital clocks around. I saw one a few weeks ago but I can't remember where. Might've been Liverpool Street...

Platform clocks at London Bridge (certainly on platforms 8-16, not sure about 1-6) are still NSE branded - might it have been here?

bnm

Established Member
Also at Marylebone is a sign on the Bakerloo pointing to "British Rail".

And at Banbury there is still a NSE branded clock.

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 49

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Actually reminds me of Shanklin. I visited there last year and the booking office was a shrine to NSE with window blind, signs, leaflet rack and the rest. Even still had the SPORTIS price display unit in place.

Attachments

• SL271365.jpg
    SL271365.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 82

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Also at Marylebone is a sign on the Bakerloo pointing to "British Rail".
These are all over the Tube. There is a sign somewhere (IIRC Piccadilly Circus) about how to get to British Rail stations.

British Rail is still used as common terminology in London to differentiate from LU services.

dubscottie

About 3/4 years ago, one of the stations (cant remember which) between Manchester and Liverpool (via Rainhill) still had very faded Network Northwest branding on everything.

Was amazed when I spotted it as it must have been 20 odd years old!

Last edited:

alan

ISTR Long Eaton station ticket office had until fairly recently a "regional railways" branded date board at the back of the ticket office. It was then amended with what appeared to be a print out of the "East Midlands Trains" logo sellotaped on top!

Lampshade

Established Member
About 3/4 years ago, one of the stations (cant remember which) between Manchester and Liverpool (via Rainhill) still had very faded Network Northwest branding on everything.

Was amazed when I spotted it as it must have been 20 odd years old!

There's loads of ex-Network NorthWest branding knocking around Lancashire, quite odd that it's on the Liverpool line as NNW was a short lived joint operation between GMPTE and Lancashire County Council, didn't really involve Merseyside.

bnm

Established Member
These are all over the Tube. There is a sign somewhere (IIRC Piccadilly Circus) about how to get to British Rail stations.

British Rail is still used as common terminology in London to differentiate from LU services.

Well, that one at Marylebone stuck out at me. I've not seen another like it recently across LU. All others appear to have been changed to 'National Rail'.

Any Permitted

The departure screens at Great Yarmouth have some writing at the bottom saying funding was provided by Anglia Railways and Central Trains. This was back in the days when Central Trains ran a summer Saturday service to the Midlands, not something EMT does now-a-days.

The departure screens at Great Yarmouth have some writing at the bottom saying funding was provided by Anglia Railways and Central Trains. This was back in the days when Central Trains ran a summer Saturday service to the Midlands, not something EMT does now-a-days.

Oh yes seen those across the northern patch of NXEA plus of course the old CT livery lives on on a few class 153s and 156s.

Have you noticed the 'one' logo in the waiting room at Great Yarmouth?

Also slightly off topic - but when I was in Norwich a 153 in London Midland livery was sat at one of the platforms anyone know what it is doing there?

Matt Taylor

Established Member
In the minds of a great percentage of the British public all TOCs are still 'British Rail'. I was asked yesterday 'Are you British Rail?':roll:

mallard

Established Member
ISTR Long Eaton station ticket office had until fairly recently a "regional railways" branded date board at the back of the ticket office. It was then amended with what appeared to be a print out of the "East Midlands Trains" logo sellotaped on top!

They have a Regional Railways date board/calendar in the ticket office at Loughborough... Every time I use the ticket office I'm tempted to ask if they'll sell it!

Any Permitted

Oh yes seen those across the northern patch of NXEA plus of course the old CT livery lives on on a few class 153s and 156s.

Have you noticed the 'one' logo in the waiting room at Great Yarmouth?

Also slightly off topic - but when I was in Norwich a 153 in London Midland livery was sat at one of the platforms anyone know what it is doing there?

I quite often get a Central Trains 156 which has been rather sloppily rebranded to NXEA. I've also seen the 'one' logo in the waiting room and in the men's bathroom, the rebranding exercise from 'one' to NXEA was frantic to say the least. I've never seen anything like it, literally overnight all traces of 'one' were gone, stickered over. The main place you see it now is on staff uniform bags and things like that. Of course 'one' is still there, in places they forgot or under vinyl stickers.

As for the LM 153s, there's tow of them and they're on loan to NXEA whilst they get one of their trains repaired, I can't remember if it's a 170 or the 156 that hit the tanker at Sudbury. Any how I've been on them a few times both individually and coupled up.

Edit: Just realised my avatar is actually a CT 156 waiting at Norwich station.

Last edited:

Established Member
If you go on the NLL platforms at Stratford, you can still see a 'one' logo on the back of a station sign if you look down. NXEA's 156412 and 156418 are in CT livery with NXEA white stripe. Also, one of XC's 170s recently had a CT green filler cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.