• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Change of TOC franchise when you are a trainee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Am curious if anyone on here has been midway through training, so not passed out, and the TOC has lost the franchise? Reading various posts on here tells me that qualified drivers and other staff simply transfer to the new TOC but how about trainees? I ask this because I know someone who was a manager in another industry and they had to get rid of anyone who had not finished their probationary period when his firm lost a huge contract.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A-driver

Established Member
You are counted as staff and the only change you will notice will be the colour of your shirt. You won't loose your job over it unless the last franchise had taken on too many trainees and the new company decided they didn't want them. But no company is going to take on more staff than they need so close to the end of the franchise. Normally companies take on huge numbers of trainees at the end of the franchise period as they have to hand the keys back with a full compliment if staff.

In short you wouldn't loose your job over it. Some managers may if the new operator believes they don't need them but you are safe as a trainee driver or frontline staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.