• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing a ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

roversfan2001

Established Member
Hello all,

I have a Leyland to Thirsk Off-Peak Return (adult fare, no railcard), bought online. The outward portion was valid on the 20th Feb only, with the return valid until 19th March. Both portions are unused as I no longer need to visit Thirsk.

Is it possible to change this to a Leyland to London Terminals Off-Peak Return with 16-25 railcard, valid for travel on March 17th, at a station? I know that it would cost £10 plus the fare difference if it is possible, but given it is applying a discount, changing a ticket not bought from the station, and wildly changing the origin, I suspect it may be tricky to get done, if it's allowed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Hello all,

I have a Leyland to Thirsk Off-Peak Return (adult fare, no railcard), bought online. The outward portion was valid on the 20th Feb only, with the return valid until 19th March. Both portions are unused as I no longer need to visit Thirsk.

Is it possible to change this to a Leyland to London Terminals Off-Peak Return with 16-25 railcard, valid for travel on March 17th, at a station? I know that it would cost £10 plus the fare difference if it is possible, but given it is applying a discount, changing a ticket not bought from the station, and wildly changing the origin, I suspect it may be tricky to get done, if it's allowed.

Refund against £10 admin fee and book a new ticket. Provided the ticket is wholly unused this can be done up to (I think) a month *after* the end of validity.

Status
Not open for further replies.