• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheapest way to use HS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernyoshi

Hello - I'm wanting to sample the 395 as it's meant to be - blasting across Kent at 140mph. I want to know what's the cheapest way of using HS1 from a start at Worthing - I'm sort of thinking a loop of Worthing - Brighton - Ashford - Ebbsfleet - Strood - Tonbridge - Redhill - Gatwick - Worthing. Or maybe the reverse, going to Ebbsfleet via Clapham, Denmark Hill & Medway (as apparently that doesn't count as London :p) then down to Ashford. Or can you use Boundary Zone 6 on HS1? I've tried NRE but getting it to do Worthing - anywhere in north Kent without it telling you to go into Victoria & out is...not made easy. I would've thought just Worthing - Strood or somewhere like that would give what I'm after as the quickest route but no. Thank you :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hello - I'm wanting to sample the 395 as it's meant to be - blasting across Kent at 140mph. I want to know what's the cheapest way of using HS1 from a start at Worthing - I'm sort of thinking a loop of Worthing - Brighton - Ashford - Ebbsfleet - Strood - Tonbridge - Redhill - Gatwick - Worthing. Or maybe the reverse, going to Ebbsfleet via Clapham, Denmark Hill & Medway (as apparently that doesn't count as London :p) then down to Ashford.
You will almost certainly need to purchase more than one ticket to do that itinerary.
Or can you use Boundary Zone 6 on HS1?
HS1 is not considered to be within the Travelcard zones.

I've tried NRE but getting it to do Worthing - anywhere in north Kent without it telling you to go into Victoria & out is...not made easy. I would've thought just Worthing - Strood or somewhere like that would give what I'm after as the quickest route but no. Thank you :)
You may need to be a bit less ambitious.

How about a Worthing to Ashford return for £15.50 (you can either travel via Brighton, Polegate & Hastings or via Redhill, Edenbridge & Tonbridge).

Then excess the return portion for £18.80 which would allow you to use any permitted route (which would include routes via London.

The above fares assume you travel at times the off peak fares are valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.